Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3
Starscream
Cred: 33

5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
03/12/2010
01:53:00
Post Cred: 0
Got an international release date yet?
Go to Top of Page
billygoat213
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
03/13/2010
09:29:11
quote:
Originally posted by www.wp.pl

quote:
So the question is more, what's wrong with YOU for not liking them?

I`ve never said I don`t like `em. I really do. By saying overrated I mean they`re considered better than they really are, not that they suck.

As for Meshuggah I gotta disagree, they`re not that popular/liked among metalheads. At least not among the ones i know Wink

Nevermore are definitely NOT overrated. They've released consistently great material for over 15 years now. I'm looking forward to getting the new album.
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light
Cred: 27

1 Year
04/06/2010
14:14:13
Post Cred: 1
Yeah me too - I loved their live perfomance - takes a real metalhead to perform like that when dead drunk. He could hardly walk upright and everytime he turned he almost bumped into the guitar player but the vocals were non plus ultra Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 4

1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
17:42:01
This album is very strange...
Go to Top of Page
Cred: 8
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
18:32:33
quote:
Originally posted by Ulv63

This album is very strange...

Good ? Bad ? Unexpected ?
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Cred: 11
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
18:34:16
I'm still not quite sure what to think of it. It's well produced and musically seems good, it just hasn't grabbed me by the (metaphorical) balls yet. It's quite possible it will grow on me though. But my first impressions are by no means bad.
Go to Top of Page
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
18:41:31
quote:
Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

I'm still not quite sure what to think of it. It's well produced and musically seems good, it just hasn't grabbed me by the (metaphorical) balls yet. It's quite possible it will grow on me though. But my first impressions are by no means bad.

Oh i see, Is it because there are too many ballads or is just the music explore a new area, i mean a new area for Nevermore ? Not heavy enough, too much midled tempo songs ?
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Cred: 11
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
18:47:05
None, really! It's progressive, heavy ... I don't recall that many ballads Tongue ... and it's everything I would have expected and wanted. I've only listened twice through, so I'll give it a few more spins before I start making set-in-stone opinions.

But I think even now, it would probably make my Top 20 list...
Go to Top of Page
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
18:58:40
quote:
Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

None, really! It's progressive, heavy ... I don't recall that many ballads Tongue ... and it's everything I would have expected and wanted. I've only listened twice through, so I'll give it a few more spins before I start making set-in-stone opinions.

But I think even now, it would probably make my Top 20 list...

Sweet of you, thanks for your input i appreciate it.Smilie Goatee Honestly, i can't wait to hear it, i might be surprise by the result, who knows.Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
19:58:09
It's very strange, but in a good way. The ballads are considerably odder than previous ones. But it's still heavy as shit. Awesome album.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
05/11/2010
11:16:30
Parts of "The Blue Marble and the New Soul" remind me of Dead Winter Dead style Savatage. o.O In a good way.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
05/11/2010
14:02:43
I got the promo in the mail today. I'll be listening to it before I get my playlist up tonight.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/15/2010
12:20:36
quote:

And again, Bear acts like the smartest guy around. Dude if you don't like our posts just ignore'em instead of acting all smart ass.

Ooh, aren't we a touchy little bitch. Yeah, if I have a snarky comment I should keep it quiet because it might hurt your feelings, but if anyone wants to attack me they are more than welcome (actually they are Winking Goatee).

quote:
Yeah, we get it - we're idiots, you rule. Wink

You should get over that inferiority complex, its unhealthy.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
05/15/2010
12:23:30
It's decent, nothing I see myself grabbing over "Dead Heart...," of course, its not a style I exactly concentrate on. You'll see this album on a lot of top lists, not very likely mine (the massive ad campaign that's been kicking in will play a role in that for sure, but is not the entire root of the hype).
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/15/2010
13:06:00
quote:
Originally posted by Bear

Ooh, aren't we a touchy little bitch. Yeah, if I have a snarky comment I should keep it quiet because it might hurt your feelings, but if anyone wants to attack me they are more than welcome (actually they are Winking Goatee).

I've no problem with snarky comments. I'm not offended by them in any way, I just don't like when people act like they know everything, which you often do Wink. Other than that you seem like a cool guy with a huge knowledge of music. As for my inferiority complex, thanks for pointing it out, I wasn't aware of it until now. Wink
Go to Top of Page
vlier
Super Mod
Cred: 14
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/15/2010
13:31:33
I've got the promo as well and I must say it's one of their best albums so far imo.I'll catch them live tomorrow !! Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
05/16/2010
12:29:48
quote:

quote:

I've no problem with snarky comments. I'm not offended by them in any way, I just don't like when people act like they know everything, which you often do Wink.

You just choose to interpret it that way. This is mainly because I'm firm and unwavering in my opinions, and society doesn't really like that. Rev really summed it all up in that Metalhead thread a while ago: I'm simply comfortable with my opinion. I will support and argue my opinion, I will talk as if I'm right because if you don't believe your opinion to be correct why have it?

quote:

Other than that you seem like a cool guy with a huge knowledge of music. As for my inferiority complex, thanks for pointing it out, I wasn't aware of it until now. Wink

In the end, what we have here is more of the same cliche shit I've been battling for years. I can break it down like a broken record and it simply ends up on repeat. If you aren't trying to give everyone else a fucking handjob you are acting "like you know everything" and are "mean." I don't know everything, far from it, I know a lot and I share what I know, strongly. Many people simply can't handle it, and that is just a sign of the pussification of our world.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
05/16/2010
13:01:09
Yeah, gave 'er another spin and I just can't get into this album all that much. Its okay, but I think the hype that is really starting to kick in will end up annoying me. This will be many people's top album and I can't help but wonder why.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/16/2010
13:16:47
quote:

In the end, what we have here is more of the same cliche shit I've been battling for years. I can break it down like a broken record and it simply ends up on repeat. If you aren't trying to give everyone else a fucking handjob you are acting "like you know everything" and are "mean."

You are wrong, this is not what we mean. The fact is the way you act. You act with a superiority complex. Instead of explaining/showing your knowledge simply, you often are aggressive which is not necessary. Especially, if we don't follow your idea.
quote:
I don't know everything, far from it, I know a lot and I share what I know, strongly.
That's true and we want that you share it in another way
quote:
Many people simply can't handle it
here too, you're out of it. we can't handle someone who thinks he is the best
quote:
and that is just a sign of the pussification of our world.
your world you mean.

truly yours Bear
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
05/16/2010
14:50:33
You interpret strong support (and jokes) as aggression. Actual aggression generally (there are occasions) doesn't come out until provoked.

Oh, and yeah, clearly I'm the only one who thinks these PC lets blow everyone world ideals are pussification of the world. Rolling Goat

Funny that all this started because I said that...

quote:

[paraphrase]
"Nevermore is the most overrated band."

"No, MESHUGGAH IS!!!"

"Nooooo"

"Yes"
[/paraphrase]

...was fucking stupidity.

Fucking zealots.

Edited by - Bear on 05/16/2010 14:57:20
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
05/16/2010
17:05:03
Enough of this silly banter....

I am digging on this album big time. It really harks back to a Dreaming Neon Black sound, which was my favorite Nevermore album. However...this album may top even that for me. This is ridiculously good. Especially tracks 4-6...great progression.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/17/2010
02:17:55
quote:

[quote]
[paraphrase]

"No, MESHUGGAH IS!!!"

"Nooooo"

"Yes"
[/paraphrase]

I never said anything because you stated that.
At least you are correct on that statement and that's the way I like you Bear.
Now, to say that nevermore is overrated or not, I don't know because I don't like this kind of music (I think I must like two songs of them) even if I have seen them several times in concert.

Edited by - Metal_Dem on 05/17/2010 02:19:11
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
05/17/2010
10:44:09
quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Dem

quote:

quote:

[paraphrase]

"No, MESHUGGAH IS!!!"

"Nooooo"

"Yes"
[/paraphrase]

I never said anything because you stated that.

Sure ya did, had I not made the comment about that the whole thing would have never come up. Some people are just so desperate to call me out on being an asshole its hilarious.

[quote]
Now, to say that nevermore is overrated or not, I don't know because I don't like this kind of music (I think I must like two songs of them) even if I have seen them several times in concert.

Yeah, I've heard (and not just here) repeatedly that this is their best since "Dreaming Neon Black." Well, that album bores the shit out of me, this doesn't. This album I'm a bit more ambivalent towards this album as it definitely not all bad, but by the end of the year I'm sure some Nevermore die-hard will be very upset with people like me.

My biggest complaint is probably Warrell's vox, and I consider myself a fan of his. They are just weak on this album, which makes me really question the Sanctuary reunion.
Go to Top of Page
Sinister_Mephisto
Cred: 0

05/19/2010
16:56:44
Perhaps it will take repeated listens for this to grow on me. It doesn't really have any songs that grabbed and held my attention immediate. I hardly remember anything specific about the album in fact except a slight feeling of dissapointment.
Go to Top of Page
Rev. El Duce Guns
Super Mod
Cred: 9
I Supported Snakenet
05/19/2010
21:45:18
I haven't checked this out yet, and to be honest, I'm not really in a big rush. I feel that Nevermore has fallen off. I don't need to rehash my "Let's not give extra credit to long standing bands just because they put a new piece of crap out" crusade around these parts. All I ask is people listen to it and judge on its own merits. When the time comes, I'll probably spin it and assess it as such.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.95 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;