Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Unleashed - As Yggdrasil Trembles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
Blood_Red87
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 0
Posted - 12/18/2009 :  12:49:30  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote
Swedish death metal veterans Unleashed will release thier 10th album "As Yggdrasil Trembles"on March 19 in Europe and April 6 in the U.S. via Nuclear Blast Records. According to the band, the musical direction of the forthcoming CD, which is being recorded at guitarist Fredrik Folkare's Chrome studio, will be "the logical continuation from 'Midvinterblot' [2006] and 'Hammer Battalion' [2008]. Lyrically, you will recognize what has become the Unleashed trademark since more than 20 years, the combination of the past, present and future of viking struggle and way of life. A few of the songs also mark the beginning of a story never before told."

Album artwork:

Track listing:
01. Courage Today, Victory Tomorrow!
02. So It Begins
03. As Yggdrasil Trembles
04. Wir Kapitulieren Niemals
05. This Time We Fight
06. Master Of The Ancient Art
07. Chief Einherjar
08. Return Fire
09. Far Beyond Hell
10. Dead To Me
11. Yahweh And The Chosen Ones
12. Cannibalistic Epidemic Continues
13. Evil Dead (Death cover) (bonus track)

UPDATE 3/12
Listen to "As Yggdrasil Trembles" on Unleashed's Myspace page.

Edited by - Blood_Red87 on 03/12/2010 21:58:52
psychoblast
Cred: 4
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/19/2009
01:18:35
I liked "Hammer Batalion" a lot, hope the new album is good to Smile
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
03/14/2010
19:17:46
New track sounds decent. Sounds like they've continued to pull away from their more traditional Stockholm-style sound, something they started on "Hammer Battalion," and that's not a bad thing because they are putting out their best work in 15 years.

Anticipation is pretty high for this one.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
03/28/2010
07:28:22
Heard it today and I must say, although it's clear that it is an Unleashed album, it sound rather different from their earlier stuff. More melodic at time. Not sure yet if I like that change. It's not bad at all, but I miss the "galloping" rhythm I always connected to Unleashed.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
03/28/2010
11:29:55
quote:
Originally posted by Brack

Heard it today and I must say, although it's clear that it is an Unleashed album, it sound rather different from their earlier stuff. More melodic at time. Not sure yet if I like that change. It's not bad at all, but I miss the "galloping" rhythm I always connected to Unleashed.

They left that sound behind on "Hammer Battalion." I enjoy the hell out of it, there are still plenty of bands playing that old school Unleashed sound (better than Unleashed has in many years, check out Helcaraxe from New Jersey). However, I find this stuff to be less melodic than their old Stockholm style.
Go to Top of Page
Sinister_Mephisto
Cred: 0

05/19/2010
17:07:57
I haven't really bothered with any newer Unleashed because "Hell's Unleashed" made me think they strayed hopelessly far from any chance at redemption. Well fortunately I somtimes hear things that other people play and this album was one of them. Betters riffs and no effort to make a single word stuck in your head makes this a far better album then the last. I just might check out "Hammer Battalion" now.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;