Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Brief Opinions Of 2010 Releases You've Heard
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2
Thor Bear
Cred: 18
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/09/2010
08:32:12
Post Cred: 1
Avantasia - The wicked Symphony
The Scarecrow absolutely blew my away. That isn't the case with this new album, which is only one of two, of which I haven't yet given a listen to Angel of Babylon. Tobias Sammet is claiming that there are no fillers on the albums - I disagree. While there's surely world class tracks on it, which is what you have learned to expect from Avantasia, the whole isn't up to what I had hoped for. Some songs rock totally and others are forgetable. The style is more AOR than powermetal, though some parts are also more heavy than what the "band" has done earlier.
Go to Top of Page
Juletti
Cred: 1
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
04/13/2010
05:09:35
Post Cred: 2
Alcest - Ecailles de lune

Last year I enjoyed 'Fen' and now 'Alcest'. This blackmetal/shoegaze is beautiful music, and it's one of my fav genres at the moment. The song material on this album is not as good as it could be all the time, but I give decent rating 8/10.

Edited by - Juletti on 04/13/2010 05:26:33
Go to Top of Page
BleachedBones
Cred: 1
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years
04/20/2010
12:10:19
speaking of metal/shoegaze....

Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernieres Pensees

I am relatively new to these types of releases but if you don't mind clean vocals that are reminiscent of Garm's clean vocals on Bergtatt, I'd say you'd like this. It's a relatively relaxing release and I'd say the vocals are the highlight. Musically it has a lot of influences and goes in different directions but not to the point where songs are all over the place. It works as an album and I've been really enjoying this when I need a break from blast beats.

Edited by - BleachedBones on 04/20/2010 12:15:15
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
I Supported Snakenet
04/22/2010
07:20:09
Rotting Christ - Aealo
I was pleasently suprised by this, since I haven't heard much of what the band has made before. People with more knowledge on the subject than I claim that the style is quite simular to their older work however. The dark atmosphere with the industrial vibe is cool and the melodic black elements creates the needed aggresivity. The recurring female choirs are different than most I've heard before - and I like it.
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
I Supported Snakenet
04/23/2010
02:55:26
Freedom Call - Legend of the Shadowking
What do you expect from this band? If the answer is fast, über melodic, and catchy power metal, then they live up to your expectations. Some of the songs are brilliant, others are bland. Nothing new under the sun here.
Go to Top of Page
morbidfan
Cred: 15
I Supported Snakenet
05/19/2010
03:11:31
Post Cred: 0
Keep Of Kalessin - Reptillian
Im definitely impressed with this release. Im overall unfamiliar with this bands back catalogue but Reptillian has some great songs on it and I could swear I hear some Exodus type riffing over lightning fast drumming on the tracks Dragon Iconography and Judgment. The albums weak point would have to be the song Dragontower it just sounds like it doesn't belong but overall the albums good
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.98 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;