Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
stinkfoot
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 2
Posted - 02/01/2010 :  21:17:07  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote

1. Those Treasures Will Never Befall You
2. Running For Borders
3. I Am The Graves Of The 80s
4. Stylized Corpse
5. Circle The Wagons
6. Black Mountain Totem
7. I Am The Working Class
8. Eyes Burst At Dawn
9. Bränn Inte Slottet

Sources seem to differ as to a release date. Either February or April...Confused

"The new metal decade starts with our album. It is a message to the Invaders of our metal domain to circle their wagons!!!

With our own brand of heavy metal/speed metal-punk we are a constant ambush on the modern overground metal traitors. Join us in our fight against instant gratification.... and let's see who stands when the smoke clears..." - Fenriz

I don't understand these bitches who don't like the new 'Darkthrone'. Moar heavy metal/speed metal-punk, says I. MOAR! Sign of the devil dude!

Edited by - stinkfoot on 02/08/2010 20:21:40
morbidfan
Cred: 15
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
02/02/2010
01:26:55
Post Cred: 0
I like new Darkthrone and I will probably like this new record, in fact I have never heard a bad Darkthrone record new or old. Does anyone know a bad Darkthrone record? I will be waiting for this to dropSign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
psychoblast
Cred: 4
I Supported Snakenet
02/02/2010
01:35:47
Puts "Under A Funeral Moon" on the record player.
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/02/2010
04:54:38
Yay, new Punkthrone !!!
Go to Top of Page
Delirium Tremens
Cred: 29
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
02/02/2010
17:25:08
Excellent news. They can do no wrong Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
02/02/2010
17:29:17
Punk + Black = Plunck Grinning Goatee

Damn Darkthrone has gone from one mediocre album to another recently so I will not join the fan boy choir here. I will, however, most likely give it a listen, it is Darkthrone after all and I am a curious git Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
02/04/2010
13:06:24
I haven't heard a bad Darkthrone album either, and I really enjoyed Fuck Off And Die. I also do not totally understand these guys (or is it really just Fenriz behind most of this?) and what they're trying to do...I do sort of agree with them in some places, but overall I guess they'd probably dub me an overground metal traitor, haha. Either way, awesome music couples with some hilarious concepts (case in point = Canadian Metal) makes for some very interesting, very fun Darkthrone music.
Go to Top of Page
psychoblast
I Supported Snakenet
02/05/2010
01:51:38
Darkthrone shouldn't be fun Sad
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/05/2010
08:11:50
quote:
Originally posted by psychoblast

'Darkthrone' have always been fun. They have a wonderfully silly sense of humor, and always did.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
02/05/2010
08:48:43
I like Darkthrone very much.
I never been disappointed, thus I look forward for that new opus. Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
02/05/2010
10:40:14
quote:
Originally posted by psychoblast

Are you kidding me? 'Natassja in Eternal Sleep' is the funniest black metal song EVER
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl

5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/05/2010
11:55:45
quote:
Originally posted by Ulv63
Are you kidding me? 'Natassja in Eternal Sleep' is the funniest black metal song EVER

Unintentionally, so it doesn't count Wink Almost any Impaled Nazarene's song wins that title Wink

Edited by - www.wp.pl on 02/05/2010 11:56:46
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
02/05/2010
15:02:13
Really? I really don't think you can say for sure whether that was intentional or not.
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl

5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/05/2010
15:09:57
Guess we'll never know. Unless we ask them of course Wink My bet is they wrote it while wasted. That explains the lyrical content, especially the parts about drinking and sadness. I personally know a few guys that tend to get sad and emotional after a few shots Wink Wink Wink
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/08/2010
20:24:55
Post Cred: 1
More info:

"Circle The Wagons", a creative feast of metal and punk, will initially be released on vinyl on March 8 through the Peaceville Records webstore as an exclusive taster for the legions of metal supporters out there who still care about great music delivered the classic way. The vinyl will also include a link to download a digital version of the album, which will be available when the regular and special edition CD versions of the album are released on April 6.

The vinyl edition can be pre-ordered now at this location. The packaging and contents of the special edition CD will be announced shortly, and will be available to pre-order from the "Circle The Wagons" mini-site, which will launch on February 12.

"Circle the Wagons" was self-recorded at Necrohell II Studios. Artwork for the album comes once again courtesy of Dennis Dread, notable for his talents on previous DARKTHRONE albums, "F.O.A.D." and 2008's "Dark Thrones and Black Flags".

In a recent interview with Holland's FaceCulture, DARKTHRONE's Nocturno Culto (real name: Ted Skjellum) stated about the upcoming CD, "I think the focus is now more heavy metal and rock and roll, really, and that's a style I like to play on the guitar, and that shows on our new album as well, because my songs on that album are very heavy metal-oriented."

He added, "I think the first recording session we had on this album, I had a really good feeling, as usual, but I think it was something extra. I think this album is… It's not cool to say it's probably some of the best things we did, but I believe so. The songs are strong, and they have a good production, in our point of view.

"We really don't belong in the modern scene; that's why we're kind of outsiders. In our hearts, we still belong to the underground, and that's where we're comfortable."

Regarding the "Circle The Wagons" cover artwork, Nocturno Culto said, "It has an Indian theme, actually; I don't know if any band did that before. Dennis Dread is the American artist doing the front covers for the last three albums, including the new one. Mr. Necro, our kind of guy on the cover, he kind of has Indian things."

PS: you can get a free MP3 of "Eyes Burst At Dawn" by clicking the above link and signing up for the 'Darkthrone' mailing list Winking Goatee

Edited by - stinkfoot on 02/08/2010 20:33:07
Go to Top of Page
psychoblast
I Supported Snakenet
02/09/2010
09:51:31
If you read the interviews from around the time of "Under A Funeral Moon" I am quiet sure it was unintentionally funny. At the other hand, maybe they tried to fly under Euronymous his radar LOL
Go to Top of Page
Andy Blakk
I Supported Snakenet
02/14/2010
09:57:47
I don't get this new stuff from Darkthrone. When I heard FOAD (haven't heard Cult is Alive) I thought it's just a bad joke...
Well... maybe this is a bad joke. But I don't understand it.

I have heard this new track from the album and I can tell that this is album I am surely not going to buy, hehe.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/06/2010
14:06:34
Heard part of the album today. It's my first Darkthrone album *lol*

Pretty hard to define. It just sounds old school with influences from several subgenres of metal. The lowest common denominator for me is "sounds damn old" Wink
Go to Top of Page
Sinister_Mephisto

05/19/2010
17:00:06
quote:
Originally posted by Sortiment

Punk + Black = Plunck Grinning Goatee

Damn Darkthrone has gone from one mediocre album to another recently so I will not join the fan boy choir here. I will, however, most likely give it a listen, it is Darkthrone after all and I am a curious git Winking Goatee

I think FOAD was better by far though I do admire Darkthrone's willingness to say fuck it, we will do whatever we feel like doing. I am sure you will find this to be just another mediocre or perhaps even subpar album. I know I will be reaching for their back catalog before I bother much with this one.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;