Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Heavy Metal
 Acheron calls it quits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
Delirium Tremens
Cred: 29
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 0
Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:41:21  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

After 22 years of existence, Black/..Death/Thrash Metal band ACHERON are calling it quits! The band has released 5 original full length cds, 3 mini-cds, 1 cover-tribute cd and a number of other underground releases. ACHERON will end on a familiar note by doing one last run of “RITES OF THE BLACK MASS” shows until January 1st, 2011. After that ACHERON will be done for good! (No more shows or albums.) So keep an eye out for select shows that they will be appearing at this year, because it will be the last time you get to see them live! The line-up for the final shows will be Vincent Crowley (Vocals/Bass), Art Taylor (Guitar), Eric Stewart (Guitar) and Scott Pletcher (Drums). Promoters interested in booking ACHERON for their THE LAST RITES (Farewell Shows) 2010, contact us on MYSPACE or at

What a fucking shame! I loved everything they did. I hope to catch them on their farewell show, though that doesn't look very likely Sad
psychoblast
Cred: 4
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
01:26:11
To bad they were a good band imo Sad
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/10/2010
01:54:05
Lame. Crowley finally had my attention and that's the end of it. At least we still have Master Grinning Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
04:18:57
I only learned about them last year. Their latest effort was very solid so I'd say this is a loss Sad
Go to Top of Page
axeVictim
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/10/2010
09:21:48
Damn shame. They are a band I've always enjoyed, appreciated and respected. They've released some great albums over the years and last year's "The Final Conflict: The Last Days of God" was a killer album that got my vote for album of the year. Sad
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
11:11:35
I announced this on my show a few weeks ago and I meant to post it here but forgot to do so.

On my show, I mentioned how it is bumming news and how I was a fan since the beginning of the band. I've gotten to see them live many times. Also, Vincent and I have been in communication through emails and stuff. He has a termendous amount of respect for me not only because I am not a jackass but when I also hear news, I contact him to find out what's true, what's not true and what can I actually report. A lot of the stuff I would know before it was officially released to the public.

He has also expressed that he wants me to do an interview with him again and I will set that up for my show and when it does happen, I will direct everyone to the podcast.

Edited by - JewelThrone on 05/10/2010 11:12:41
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
11:45:12
Any statement about staying active in the music scene? I mean, often ex-members join/form other bands after the split of their old band...
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/10/2010
11:58:35
quote:
Originally posted by Brack

Any statement about staying active in the music scene? I mean, often ex-members join/form other bands after the split of their old band...

I would bet that's a question that will be discussed in the interview Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/10/2010
14:18:50
I certainly hope so
Go to Top of Page
brewdog
Cred: 1

5 Years
05/12/2010
13:30:51
I'm not sure this is the last we'll hear from them. It wouldn't be the first band to split up and eventually reunite. After all, KISS has been on a Farewell tour for the last 10 years. And Accept got back together, even if it's without Udo.

Edited by - brewdog on 05/18/2010 15:00:51
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/12/2010
15:04:49
And they (Accept) did several Farewell and Reunion tours already Wink
Go to Top of Page
Eggysan
Super Mod
Cred: 2
pissing people off 1 post at a time
I Support Snakenet
05/25/2010
05:52:04
Post Cred: 1
I got this on my Myspace message stream:

quote:
ACHERON (1988-2010)Due to problems with the line-up,there will not be any Farewell Shows.ACHERON is done! Hails to our Fans for 22 years of support!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;