Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Scorpions - 2010 Sting in the Tail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
Pashka
Cred: 7
Perv Commander
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 2
Posted - 05/17/2010 :  11:20:23  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote
Sting in the Tail is the seventeenth studio album by German heavy metal band Scorpions. It was released on March 19, 2010 in Europe (March 14 in Greece) and was released on March 23 in North America. It will likely be their last studio album before retirement.

The album has a duet featuring the Finnish symphonic metal singer Tarja Turunen, in the song "The Good Die Young".

A tentative title for the album was Humanity: Hour II, however this was eventually scrapped.

Raised on Rock - 3:57 (Music: Andersson, Hansen / Lyrics: Hansen, Meine)
Sting in the Tail - 3:12 (Meine, Schenker / Meine)
Slave Me - 2:44 (Schenker / Meine, Jabs, Bazilian)
The Good Die Young (feat. Tarja Turunen) - 5:14 (Schenker, Kolonovits / Meine)
No Limit - 3:24 (Meine, Schenker, Bazilian / Meine, Schenker, Bazilian)
Rock Zone - 3:17 (Meine, Andersson, Hansen / Meine)
Lorelei - 4:31 (Schenker, Thomander, Wikström / Meine, Bazilian, Thomander, Wikström)
Turn You On - 4:25 (Schenker, Andersson, Hansen / Meine)
Let's Rock - 3:22 (Schenker, Meine, Bazilian / Meine, Bazilian)
SLY - 5:15 (Meine, Schenker / Meine)
Spirit of Rock - 3:43 (Schenker, Bazilian / Meine, Schenker, Bazilian)
The Best Is Yet to Come - 4:34 (Bazilian, Thomander, Wikström / Schenker, Bazilian, Thomander, Wikström)
Thunder and Lightning (Bonus Track in Japanese Edition) (Schenker, Meine, Kolonovits / Meine)

If you were a fan of the Scorpions in the 80's this album is for you. Sign of the devil dude!
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/17/2010
14:06:49
Post Cred: 1
A bunch of cliche rock anthems to end their career. Doesn't really move me. Not that it's un-listenable, but it just feels like a manufactured plan to make them feel like they are going out on top. Whatever, they've had a good run and put out some good stuff.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/17/2010
14:24:24
Post Cred: 1
Still I feel a strange urge to pick this one up, they where an important part of my youth Smile
Go to Top of Page
Pashka
Perv Commander
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/17/2010
14:44:23
Post Cred: 0
I got this one thinking that I will put it on the shelf with all the other ones that came out after 1994, but man I've been spinning it over and over. You're right Bear, but this puts me back to where I was 16 and Scorpions was one of my favorite bands. I'm even thinking going to a show if they come to town this or next year Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Starscream
Cred: 33

05/17/2010
18:41:58
I like the cover art. That's pretty damn cool Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/18/2010
01:10:08
We all know they made a lot of dung during the 90's but am I the only one who thinks that "Humanity: Hour I" was a good album?

And yes, I feel like Pashka, if they play a concert near me I will most likely go as well Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
Cred: 18
I Supported Snakenet
05/18/2010
01:10:13
While I was really impressed by Humanity: Hour 1, this doesn't really move me. It seems a tad too cliché compared to the more modern and yet very Scorpions like album before it.
Go to Top of Page
Kuier
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/18/2010
06:45:32
I liked H:H1. I did not like I2I ... eew. Will get his out of morbid curiosity.

BTW: Jabs did not contribute much.
Go to Top of Page
Pashka
Perv Commander
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/18/2010
13:17:38
Post Cred: 2
Let me try to explain my feelings about this album. As far as I'm concerned nothing came out after Savage Amusement. There were 2 songs on Crazy World and 1 song on Face the Heat that I really liked. So I stopped even listening to anything they came out after that. This album is like a follow up to Savage Amusement for me. This is the album they should have come out with. It's the same as I waited for a follow up to Painkiller and never got it. A follow up to Metallica Black and never got it. I got my album for Scorpions. 22 years later, but I got it. This brings up memories back from when I was 13-18 years old.

Lorelei - What a song Sign of the devil dude! I'd put it next to Still Loving You and Wind of Change!!!
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light
Cred: 27

1 Year
05/20/2010
07:03:18
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Bear

While I was really impressed by Humanity: Hour 1, this doesn't really move me. It seems a tad too cliché compared to the more modern and yet very Scorpions like album before it.

Hm I think this comes closest to what I thought. Frankly, I've never been much of a Scorpions fan myself - though I know how to appreciate them of course Wink
I think I am missing new elements on this. Just "back to the roots" doesn't seem to do the trick for me. It's good but apart from "the good die young" nothing is spun here much Sad

quote:
Originally posted by Starscream

I like the cover art. That's pretty damn cool Sign of the devil dude!

It is Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;