Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 The Future of Death Metal? HSB - Invictus \m/
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
RexRocker
Super Mod
Cred: 13
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 2
Posted - 05/21/2010 :  15:55:35  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote

This is THE album of the year. OMFG, what a kick in the ass Sign of the devil dude!
Thor Bear
Cred: 18
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/21/2010
15:59:12
Post Cred: 1
Awesome cover art as well.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 4

1 Year1 Year
05/21/2010
16:10:09
Future of death metal...?

...god I hope not.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/21/2010
16:19:09
I've yet to hear it (the CD is already pre-ordered). Should arrive next week I hope.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/21/2010
16:22:17
Now you made me fucking curious Rex Grin
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/21/2010
16:38:07
Very good album I must say. Really.

Now to say that it will be THE album of the year and DM's future, I have serious doubts.
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/21/2010
16:44:19
quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Dem

Very good album I must say. Really.

Now to say that it will be THE album of the year and DM's future, I have serious doubts.

Of course it won't - there's a new Pestilence coming Wink Fuck, yeah !
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/21/2010
20:40:19
Post Cred: 0
quote:
Originally posted by www.wp.pl

Of course it won't - there's a new Pestilence coming Wink Fuck, yeah !

Well, it shouldn't be hard to beat their last one, but I'd have to guess they'll only match it and continue disappointment.

Oh yeah, and deathcore will never be the future of death metal. It's just (generally) a boring bastardization.
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light
Cred: 27

1 Year
05/22/2010
04:25:14
Woo-hooo Pestilence Sign of the devil dude!
HSB is also nice Smile - the only metalcore band without a "clean vocalist" that manages to stay interesting - and hooooow Smile However - I think I posted it before somewhere - The intro sucks bad - sounds like the one from the last record^^which seems overall a little poor - but only a little - Besides they're a charming bunch of guys Wink I mean I like them on stage and in interviews. They deserve their success.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/22/2010
05:45:58
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Slayer of Light

HSB is also nice Smile - the only metalcore band without a "clean vocalist" that manages to stay interesting - and hooooow Smile

I beg to differ Tongue Heaven Shall Burn seemed to be the number 1 (extreme, i.e. not KSE-style) metalcore band in the past. But at least to me they got strong competition by bands like Maroon or Neaera. I grant you that HSB are still bigger than those two examples (sales, audiences, slots at festivals), but music wise those are at least on the same level. Personally I think HSB were not able to significantly improve since Antigone. Ok, that last part is probably very subjective. Maybe they did improve but I simply don't like the direction they took.
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/22/2010
14:20:33
quote:
Originally posted by Bear

Well, it shouldn't be hard to beat their last one, but I'd have to guess they'll only match it and continue disappointment.

Yeah, Resurrection Macabre was kinda average, but with Jeroen Paul Thesseling back on board I'm hoping for something in the vein of Spheres.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/23/2010
07:27:18
Heard Invictus now. It surely is an above-average album. I guess it needs a few more spins before I can judge it better. All I can say for now is that it didn't immediately impress me that much, especially the female guest vocals in "Given In Death".
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/23/2010
08:42:14
quote:
Originally posted by Brack
But at least to me they got strong competition by bands like Maroon or Neaera. I grant you that HSB are still bigger than those two examples (sales, audiences, slots at festivals), [...]Personally I think HSB were not able to significantly improve since Antigone. Ok, that last part is probably very subjective.

Frankly I never listened to Maroon so far so I wasn't referring to them. And I don't like Neaera (anymore). I used to like them years ago but by now I came to think of them as rather ... uninspired. I dunno how to put this...
Anyway I agree with you that HSB's style did not change significantly since Antigone - then again the question is it should have to. When trying to sound more differenced metalcore bands usually tend to become mainstream ... Do you know - I believe Swedish, Dead by April? That's a very good example of how mc shouldn't be done. So I'd rather have HSB do what they are great at to the end of their career than having to find their idea of "improving performance" turns out to be bullshit...
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/23/2010
12:04:00
Just in case you want to try out Maroon: I recommend to start with When Worlds Collide or Order. The Cold Heart Of The Sun IMHO is their weakest album so you should leave that for later.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 4

1 Year1 Year
05/23/2010
13:59:46
quote:
Originally posted by www.wp.pl

[q

Yeah, Resurrection Macabre was kinda average, but with Jeroen Paul Thesseling back on board I'm hoping for something in the vein of Spheres.

Oh shit! Did not know Thesseling was back with them! I love his bass-work on Cosmogenesis.
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/23/2010
14:18:25
quote:
Originally posted by Brack

Just in case you want to try out Maroon: I recommend to start with When Worlds Collide or Order. The Cold Heart Of The Sun IMHO is their weakest album so you should leave that for later.

Okay! Thanks Smile
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/24/2010
04:55:57
So it arrived this morning. I think it was a solid performance and not particularily "new" - such as Brack and I discussed. Apart from that let me just add: AMEN!!! Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/24/2010
06:25:04
Arrived today? On a public holiday in Germany?
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/24/2010
09:02:02
LOL You got me Smile ... I didn't buy it (yet) but a friend who arrived today did - so I uploaded his CD to my iTunes - I insisted he'd bring it. I stopped buying records I haven't heard before long ago - too many disappointments Sad - Damn I should have thought of that goddamn holiday, makes me look like a fraud Wink
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/24/2010
09:22:52
Ah, well, if you ask me, copying among (real) friends is no problem. Tapetrading always existed anyway.

My physical copy is pre-ordered, but I already have a virtual one. From a friend Wink So pretty close to your situation.
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/24/2010
10:00:45
Right and apart from that ... How much of the money the album raises goes to the band ... I mean it's not like I destroy them with not buying the album just now . Only if nobody did, ... It's the same old story, isn't it. All I know is I want them back on Wacken 2011 Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
05/24/2010
18:36:08
quote:

Right and apart from that ... How much of the money the album raises goes to the band ...

Not a large percentage, but without those sales the labels wouldn't front the money for recording, packaging, distribution, and touring. Something that seems to be constantly lost among many metalheads. These bands want to be more successful than they are going to be if they DIY, so they make those sacrifices.

quote:

I mean it's not like I destroy them with not buying the album just now . Only if nobody did, ... It's the same old story, isn't it. All I know is I want them back on Wacken 2011 Sign of the devil dude!

I don't think that HSB will suffer that much from the downloading as their sales are still through the roof being that they are some of the originators of the current trend.
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light

1 Year
05/25/2010
06:40:43
quote:

quote:

Right and apart from that ... How much of the money the album raises goes to the band ...

Not a large percentage, but without those sales the labels wouldn't front the money for recording, packaging, distribution, and touring. Something that seems to be constantly lost among many metalheads. These bands want to be more successful than they are going to be if they DIY, so they make those sacrifices.

quote:

I mean it's not like I destroy them with not buying the album just now . Only if nobody did, ... It's the same old story, isn't it. All I know is I want them back on Wacken 2011 Sign of the devil dude!

I don't think that HSB will suffer that much from the downloading as their sales are still through the roof being that they are some of the originators of the current trend.

Hm ... AGREED Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/25/2010
13:41:56
quote:

They are at least big enough to have ads all over the city in subway stations. As much or even more than the latest Avantasia release. And that already struck me as being massively advertised, compared to any other metal releases (that rarely get any public ads at all).
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;