Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Sabaton - Coat of Arms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  
Blood_Red87
Cred: 5
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 2
Posted - 06/13/2010 :  20:48:44  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote
Swedish power metal band Sabaton have already released their fifth album, "Coat Of Arms", in Europe on May 21 and will finally reach U.S. shores on June 29th via Nuclear Blast Records. The band's headlining tour, dubbed the "World War Tour", will kick off on August 27 and will consist of over 60 shows in more than 20 countries. The final concert will take place on December 11, after which Sabaton "will regroup, rearm and prepare for yet another strike in 2011."

Album Artwork:

Tracklisting:
01. Coat Of Arms
02. Midway
03. Uprising
04. Screaming Eagles
05. The Final Solution
06. Aces In Exile
07. Saboteurs
08. Wehrmacht
09. White Death
10. Metal Ripper

The digipack issue will feature 2 bonus tracks:
11. Coat of Arms (instrumental)
12. Metal Ripper (instrumental)

The entire album is streamable on Sabaton's Myspace page.
Blood_Red87
Cred: 5
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
06/13/2010
20:53:35
Post Cred: 0
Halfway done streaming this right now and I like what I hear. Few of the tracks already stand out upon first listen. Can't go wrong with some epic power metal with military and war lyrical themes. Definitely picking this up. Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 12

1 Year1 Year
06/13/2010
23:41:50
Love this band. Will check this out.

And yeah - listening to this right now. Already love it.

Edited by - Ulv63 on 06/13/2010 23:52:05
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 19
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
06/14/2010
01:54:20
Everybody's favourite power metal band except mine. I just don't get it. I will follow this thread though, to see if this is something worth picking up Smile
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
Cred: 20
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
06/14/2010
02:44:17
I listened to it last week and thought that it was ok with a couple of great songs. Not an album I'll go and buy, but I probably didn't do is justice on my crappy office speakers either.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 23
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
06/15/2010
13:18:00
quote:
Originally posted by Sortiment

Everybody's favourite power metal band except mine. I just don't get it. I will follow this thread though, to see if this is something worth picking up Smile

Well, its definitely listenable power metal compared to 90% of the flowery garbage that gets the tag. I have to check this album out a bit more before I can rate it though.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
06/15/2010
15:00:13
Yeah it is exactly that, listenable, but I don't get the hype, for me they are just....meh, except for a few tracks. This is not Helloween in their prime or Iced Earth or Manilla Road...or even as funny as Dream Evil Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
xalius
Cred: 0
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
06/15/2010
15:52:04

I'm now into the first three songs and like what I hear so far, a solid Sabaton album...
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 23
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
06/15/2010
17:05:49
quote:
Originally posted by Sortiment

Yeah it is exactly that, listenable, but I don't get the hype, for me they are just....meh, except for a few tracks. This is not Helloween in their prime or Iced Earth or Manilla Road...or even as funny as Dream Evil Winking Goatee

I'd say they're comparable to Iced Earth, without the history. I don't listen to all that much Iced Earth either.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
06/15/2010
17:17:22
I would not even mention them in the same week as Iced Earth, the lack the history as you say AND all the awesome riffs AND a row of very good lead singers AND a stellar guitarist like John Schaefer. No, to be honest I don't get it, but I guess it is the same as with Nevermore. Both are bands I "should" like, they just don't do anything for me :-S
Go to Top of Page
Stoned Warrior
Cred: 4
I Support Snakenet
5 Years
06/16/2010
01:17:45
I love this album. In contrast to their other albums I just enjoy every single song. Their other albums have their high points as well but to me there was always at least one track I became fed up with after a short time, but on this record everything comes together very well.
Go to Top of Page
BleachedBones
Cred: 1
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years
06/17/2010
22:48:12
quote:
Originally posted by Stoned Warrior

I love this album. In contrast to their other albums I just enjoy every single song. Their other albums have their high points as well but to me there was always at least one track I became fed up with after a short time, but on this record everything comes together very well.

I have really liked all their previous efforts but as you mentioned one or 2 songs on every album wind up annoying me. However the other 80% of the songs on their past albums kick ass, so this is promising then!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;