Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Concerts
 MDF 2010 CONFIRMED BANDS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 6
Red
Cred: 21
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
07/18/2009
20:18:13
Post Cred: 0
Off topic: I just ran into Geoff from Jungle Rot at the bar last night and we were talking about poker.

OK, continue back on topic...
Go to Top of Page
DJ-RJ
Cred: 7
I Supported Snakenet
07/18/2009
20:23:02
quote:
Originally posted by Ulv63

Pretty fucking stupid, especially with a band as classic as Jungle Rot. Why would you not want another big name on the lineup?

Thats what I'm saying. Even if you don't care for Jungle Rot, wouldn't you think they'd be good for the event in its purpose? I mean I'm not a huge fan of lots of death metal bands like Cannibal or Obituary, but I'd still try to get them for my fest. Otherwise it shoudl be called 'Marylands Deathfest of bands that only us the promoters personally like'.
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
07/19/2009
00:54:48
Post Cred: 1
Well, let's not put the cart in front of the horse here. We don't know the full story either. How do we know Estuary or Jungle Rot aren't asking for too much? How do we know the booking agents they go through aren't notorious dicks that the fest promoters don't want to deal with?

If it were as simple as "we don't like that band's music, so we won't book them on our fest," then that's pretty gay, but we don't know if that's totally true.

And besides, put yourself in their shoes. There's probably 10 bands that want to play the fest for every one that does (not really sure how many, just throwing out a number for argument's sake). You're booking a fest and there's 11 bands that want one slot, are you saying personal preference would have no bearing whatsoever on your ultimate decision?

You don't like that they are leaving a couple mid-level bands you like off the fest? Don't go. Start your own fest and book those bands for yours. Then make your fest a bigger draw than MDF.

Me, I'll be enjoying MDF as long as they keep getting kick ass bands.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 4

1 Year1 Year
07/19/2009
14:43:38
Sure, we don't know the entire story - however, I am pretty sure Jungle Rot don't ask for too much; when they played here in Richmond, they went through a promoter which promotes 16-year olds' bands, and draws upwards of 10 people per show. If they can book Jungle Rot, MDF could have, over the years, and especially now, afforded Jungle Rot.

Actually it's not a bad idea to start your own fest. You can make it happen, and even some friends of mine here made it happen last winter. Granted, it was a black/doom metal only fest...you'd be surprised at what kinds of bands you can get to come out, for a price where you'll break even.
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
07/20/2009
18:06:49
True. The MDF guys were only like 19 when they ran the first of those. It's something that's certainly doable, if you have the patience for it and desire to put a lot of time and work into it as well.
Go to Top of Page
korgull666
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
08/13/2009
19:23:52
10 more bands announced

PESTILENCE (Netherlands)
NAGLFAR (Sweden)
MALEVOLENT CREATION
CONVERGE
WOLFBRIGADE (Sweden)
DECEASED
ROMPEPROP (Netherlands)
NAZXUL (Australia)
STORMCROW
GOROD
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/13/2009
20:55:50
Nice! ROMPEPROOOOOOP! Vaginal Luftwaffe! Grinning Goatee Grinning Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/13/2009
21:03:02
And hey, let's see if Pestilence actually make it this time, eh?
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
08/14/2009
09:54:15
They got the wrong Nagelfar.

flame
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
08/14/2009
17:33:13
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-RJ

quote:
Originally posted by Red

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-RJ

But I still won't be pleased until they get Jungle Rot and Estuary on the bill.

I have to be the cynic...

Bolt Thrower (twice), Mayhem, Absu, Destroyer 666, Immolation, Atheist, Brutal Truth, Asphyx, Aura Noir, Cattle Decapitation, Cephalic Carnage and the rest of the headliners I'm blanking on, but you're not pleased because Jungle Rot and Estuary haven't played the fest?

flame

Yes, it seems they've both been boycotted basically by the host. They both deserve to be there.

With what will probably be an influx of Ibex Moon bands with Incantation playing I'll be that Estuary will be on this bill.

Also, calling Jungle Rot a "classic" is laughable Winking Goatee (not directed at RJ).

Edited by - Bear on 08/14/2009 17:34:32
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/15/2009
17:00:19
quote:
Originally posted by Bear

[quote]
Also, calling Jungle Rot a "classic" is laughable Winking Goatee (not directed at RJ).

I don't see how you could argue against Jungle Rot being "classic" for the grind/death metal business. Jungle Rot was for a lot of people (myself included) one of the first death metal bands.

Maybe they're not a "classic" for people who worry themselves only with the big important death metal bands, but being very into the underground death metal bands, Jungle Rot ranks highly for me.
Go to Top of Page
korgull666
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
08/23/2009
18:37:09
5 more added. Hopefully Asphyx will get a full set this time and not get cut off. As long as Mayhem doesn't play before them it shouldn't be an issue this go round.

Possessed
Asphyx (Netherlands)
Necrophobic (Sweden)
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/23/2009
18:44:35
HAHAHA! Look who was right.....GORGUTS! Fuck yes!
Go to Top of Page
korgull666
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
08/23/2009
20:53:09
Post Cred: 1
Here is a current list of confirmed bands for MDF 2010:

AUTOPSY
GORGUTS (Canada)
OBITUARY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
POSSESSED
ASPHYX (Netherlands)
EYEHATEGOD
PENTAGRAM
PESTILENCE (Netherlands)
NAGLFAR (Sweden)
MALEVOLENT CREATION
CONVERGE
NECROPHOBIC (Sweden)
MELECHESH (Netherlands)
SINISTER (Netherlands)
INCANTATION
PORTAL (Australia)
WOLFBRIGADE (Sweden)
HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
THE CHASM
COFFINS (Japan)
IMPALED
DECEASED
SADISTIC INTENT
NAZXUL (Australia)
GRIDLINK
ROMPEPROP (Netherlands)
BIRDS OF PREY
STORMCROW
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
GOROD (France)
JESUS CRÖST (Netherlands)
MASSGRAVE (Canada)
FUCK THE FACTS (Canada)
TOMBS
HOWL
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/23/2009
22:38:07
This lineup keeps getting better and better.....

Also - kind of surprised at Gorod....either way, they're pretty good, but still did not expect that one.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
08/26/2009
10:45:44
I am coming. So, to anyone who's missed my presence at other shit, then you should be wetting your panties with excitement or vomiting in total disgust. Maybe both. More likely the latter.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/26/2009
14:46:32
I am coming even if I have to pay a thousand dollars for a flight across the ocean and have to do without hotel bookings. This shit looks too good....And it's only august.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
08/26/2009
16:30:21
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bear

[quote]

Maybe they're not a "classic" for people who worry themselves only with the big important death metal bands, but being very into the underground death metal bands, Jungle Rot ranks highly for me.

pfft...

Jungle Rot didn't even release their first full length until '96, if they were one of your first, that's unfortunate because there is so much better out there. Fine, they rank highly for you, but "classic" really? In what sense other than personal?

As for the clear inference into my own DM tastes, your statement shows nothing but ignorance to most of what I've said. Lame.

To each their own on taste, but when it comes to JR's overall significance to the scene, you are vastly overstating.

Edited by - Bear on 08/26/2009 16:52:05
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/26/2009
17:10:01
jesus christ dude, ease up. This really doesn't matter to me that much, this lineup is awesome enough as it is...

Sure, there's plenty of better death metal out there, and maybe they're not a classic death metal band in the vein of bands like cannibal corpse or obituary etc etc, but they're still a very well-known death metal band, around here at least...maybe it's just us southern folk that seem to like em so much....

Anyways, I wasn't making any reference to your death metal tastes...frankly I don't care. It was a general statement. Uncrippled.

Anyways, I'd say that my initial point still stands. Sure, not everyone likes Jungle Rot...but I'd say that there are more than enough people that do that it would be a good idea book them for the MDF some day.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
08/26/2009
21:16:24
I am glad Jungle Rot won't play it. I am still holding a grudge against them due to some dispicable remarks a former member said to a friend of mine behind her back and tried to weasel his way out of it.

Plus, I don't find their stuff too great anyway.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
08/27/2009
01:58:17
quote:

jesus christ dude, ease up. This really doesn't matter to me that much, this lineup is awesome enough as it is...

Sure, there's plenty of better death metal out there, and maybe they're not a classic death metal band in the vein of bands like cannibal corpse or obituary etc etc, but they're still a very well-known death metal band, around here at least...maybe it's just us southern folk that seem to like em so much....

So you are allowed to make inane statements about random band A, and if I comment on your statement I'm supposed to "ease up," 1) it doesn't work that way, 2) quit being such a fucking pussy.

quote:

Anyways, I wasn't making any reference to your death metal tastes...frankly I don't care. It was a general statement. Uncrippled.

Really, you better work on your ability to communicate then because that is clearly the easiest inference pulled from your statement, unless it was meant to be a blanket statement (then its just plain lame ignorance).

quote:

Anyways, I'd say that my initial point still stands. Sure, not everyone likes Jungle Rot...but I'd say that there are more than enough people that do that it would be a good idea book them for the MDF some day.

Which goes back to Red's initial point, which more or less made your point moot other than regards to your own personal taste. Which I can understand, but I know I don't look at these 'fests from that perspective and most promoters don't either.

Edited by - Bear on 08/27/2009 02:00:02
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
Cred: 15
Supreme Commander of the Metal Nation
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
08/27/2009
14:45:34
quote:
Originally posted by Red

Well, let's not put the cart in front of the horse here. We don't know the full story either. How do we know Estuary or Jungle Rot aren't asking for too much?

Because they both played Metal Nation and I know what their asking price is. Wink

Even for small fests, the amount of bands that want to play is always greater then the number you can have do the show. There are many bands worthy of playing a fest like this, but only a small percentage will get chosen.

So far, the 2010 lineup doesn't touch 2009 or 2008 for that matter. Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome lineup, but it would be difficult to do any better then 2009.
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
08/27/2009
15:34:21
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

So far, the 2010 lineup doesn't touch 2009 or 2008 for that matter. Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome lineup, but it would be difficult to do any better then 2009.

I agree. So far I'm not too excited about the line up, but it's still early. I'm sure lots more band will be added...and canceled.
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
Cred: 15
Supreme Commander of the Metal Nation
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
08/27/2009
16:30:22
Well, the thing with MDF is that the headliners do what they are supposed to do...grab headlines. I always go for the 40 bands I never heard of...and of course, the party. My fear is this thing is gonna become a lot less underground. At the same time, that would be a good thing in a way because this fest is still all about the underground.
Go to Top of Page
DJ-RJ
I Supported Snakenet
08/27/2009
16:55:57
Possessed??? I thought they were finished like 800 years ago. This isn't actually with the original lineup, is it??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;