Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Concerts
 MDF 2010 CONFIRMED BANDS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 6
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
08/27/2009
17:49:43
Post Cred: 0
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-RJ

Possessed??? I thought they were finished like 800 years ago. This isn't actually with the original lineup, is it??

It's Jeff backed by the Sadistic Intent guys. They've been doing shows the past couple of years.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63
Cred: 4

1 Year1 Year
08/27/2009
23:44:34
quote:

Possessed??? I thought they were finished like 800 years ago. This isn't actually with the original lineup, is it??

Yeah, still should be interesting to see, though.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/27/2009
23:45:04
quote:
Originally posted by Bear

quote:
Originally posted by Ulv63

jesus christ dude, ease up. This really doesn't matter to me that much, this lineup is awesome enough as it is...

Sure, there's plenty of better death metal out there, and maybe they're not a classic death metal band in the vein of bands like cannibal corpse or obituary etc etc, but they're still a very well-known death metal band, around here at least...maybe it's just us southern folk that seem to like em so much....

So you are allowed to make inane statements about random band A, and if I comment on your statement I'm supposed to "ease up," 1) it doesn't work that way, 2) quit being such a fucking pussy.

quote:

Anyways, I wasn't making any reference to your death metal tastes...frankly I don't care. It was a general statement. Uncrippled.

Really, you better work on your ability to communicate then because that is clearly the easiest inference pulled from your statement, unless it was meant to be a blanket statement (then its just plain lame ignorance).

quote:

Anyways, I'd say that my initial point still stands. Sure, not everyone likes Jungle Rot...but I'd say that there are more than enough people that do that it would be a good idea book them for the MDF some day.

Which goes back to Red's initial point, which more or less made your point moot other than regards to your own personal taste. Which I can understand, but I know I don't look at these 'fests from that perspective and most promoters don't either.

You obviously care way more about this than I do. Congratulations.
Go to Top of Page
Delirium Tremens
Cred: 29
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
08/28/2009
14:25:44
quote:

quote:

Yeah, still should be interesting to see, though.

They were really good at Wacken 2007 Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/29/2009
14:04:34
Why don't you come Joris? It'll be a hell of a festival Grin
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/29/2009
14:10:56
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

Well, the thing with MDF is that the headliners do what they are supposed to do...grab headlines. I always go for the 40 bands I never heard of...and of course, the party. My fear is this thing is gonna become a lot less underground. At the same time, that would be a good thing in a way because this fest is still all about the underground.

Yeah I don't think that it getting bigger is necessarily a bad thing, and even so it seems to be staying dominantly underground, but without a doubt with bigger names. Only the problem I can see happening is that the Sonar is not going to be big enough. In 5 years, maybe more, I think that the popularity of the fest will be too high to keep it at the Sonar. If they can find some sort of farmland in the area outside of Baltimore, and build up a festival somehow that way, and create a camping ground, that'd be much more ideal, if it does become as big as it's looking like it could. I know that'd be much more expensive, but they could raise the ticket price - I wouldn't mind paying a little more to not have to worry about paying for a hotel.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
08/29/2009
20:59:12
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bear

quote:

jesus christ dude, ease up. This really doesn't matter to me that much, this lineup is awesome enough as it is...

Sure, there's plenty of better death metal out there, and maybe they're not a classic death metal band in the vein of bands like cannibal corpse or obituary etc etc, but they're still a very well-known death metal band, around here at least...maybe it's just us southern folk that seem to like em so much....

So you are allowed to make inane statements about random band A, and if I comment on your statement I'm supposed to "ease up," 1) it doesn't work that way, 2) quit being such a fucking pussy.

quote:

Anyways, I wasn't making any reference to your death metal tastes...frankly I don't care. It was a general statement. Uncrippled.

Really, you better work on your ability to communicate then because that is clearly the easiest inference pulled from your statement, unless it was meant to be a blanket statement (then its just plain lame ignorance).

quote:

Anyways, I'd say that my initial point still stands. Sure, not everyone likes Jungle Rot...but I'd say that there are more than enough people that do that it would be a good idea book them for the MDF some day.

Which goes back to Red's initial point, which more or less made your point moot other than regards to your own personal taste. Which I can understand, but I know I don't look at these 'fests from that perspective and most promoters don't either.

You obviously care way more about this than I do. Congratulations.

Naw, I just felt like having the last word, though if you want to win that game I'll give it to you after this one (not really sure how tormenting morons over the internet for my own personal amusement shows "caring"). Its just funny that you backed yourself into a corner and then copped out when nailed. Smilie Goatee So you should really take my advice and quit being a pussy.

Edited by - Bear on 08/29/2009 21:00:31
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/29/2009
23:27:27
Wow, look at you. Calling someone a pussy on the internet. Real fucking tough, I think I'll take advice from you. I'd like to see how far talking so much shit gets you outside of the interwebs.
Go to Top of Page
Rev. El Duce Guns
Super Mod
Cred: 9
I Supported Snakenet
08/30/2009
03:00:04
quote:

Wow, look at you. Calling someone a pussy on the internet. Real fucking tough, I think I'll take advice from you. I'd like to see how far talking so much shit gets you outside of the interwebs.

FWIW, Bear talking shit to you on the interwebs is probably far more comfortable than him talking shit to you in real lifes. Bear isn't just a clever name. Grin

Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
Cred: 15
Supreme Commander of the Metal Nation
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
08/30/2009
12:18:27
quote:

Yeah I don't think that it getting bigger is necessarily a bad thing, and even so it seems to be staying dominantly underground, but without a doubt with bigger names. Only the problem I can see happening is that the Sonar is not going to be big enough.

IMO it hasn't been big enough the last two years. Expanding outdoors helped A LOT, but it was still pretty packed and if attendance increases again, which hopefully it will, then they will have outgrown the SOnar.

quote:

If they can find some sort of farmland in the area outside of Baltimore, and build up a festival somehow that way, and create a camping ground, that'd be much more ideal, if it does become as big as it's looking like it could. I know that'd be much more expensive, but they could raise the ticket price - I wouldn't mind paying a little more to not have to worry about paying for a hotel.

Doing an outdoor fest presents a whole new set of challenges. So far, these guys have done everything the right way. For two guys that are as young as they are, to have made all the right moves is amazing. My hat's off to them. If anyone can pull it off, they can.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/30/2009
15:45:31
quote:

quote:

Yeah I don't think that it getting bigger is necessarily a bad thing, and even so it seems to be staying dominantly underground, but without a doubt with bigger names. Only the problem I can see happening is that the Sonar is not going to be big enough.

IMO it hasn't been big enough the last two years. Expanding outdoors helped A LOT, but it was still pretty packed and if attendance increases again, which hopefully it will, then they will have outgrown the SOnar.

quote:

If they can find some sort of farmland in the area outside of Baltimore, and build up a festival somehow that way, and create a camping ground, that'd be much more ideal, if it does become as big as it's looking like it could. I know that'd be much more expensive, but they could raise the ticket price - I wouldn't mind paying a little more to not have to worry about paying for a hotel.

Doing an outdoor fest presents a whole new set of challenges. So far, these guys have done everything the right way. For two guys that are as young as they are, to have made all the right moves is amazing. My hat's off to them. If anyone can pull it off, they can.

Yeah I agree it was a bit packed...but it wasn't OVERLY packed...Wacken 2008 was much more packed, though I suppose it's kind of hard to compare the two. Anyways, what I mean I guess, is that for a fest as popular as it has become, and with such a small space to work with, I thought it wasn't nearly as packed as it could have been.

And I totally agree, they have done a phenomenal job so far, and hopefully they can keep their shit in line and make this something to rival European fests (although as far as lineup goes, I'd say it already is).
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
08/30/2009
16:53:00
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. El Duce Guns

quote:

FWIW, Bear talking shit to you on the interwebs is probably far more comfortable than him talking shit to you in real lifes. Bear isn't just a clever name. Grin

lol, gotta love it, eh Rev?
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
08/30/2009
19:52:48
quote:

I totally agree, they have done a phenomenal job so far, and hopefully they can keep their shit in line and make this something to rival European fests (although as far as lineup goes, I'd say it already is).

I think the fact that they have done as much as they have speaks volumes about their ability to keep their expectations real and work within their means. Again, I have nothing but praise and admiration for what these guys have accomplished.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
I Supported Snakenet
08/31/2009
13:39:41
quote:

quote:

I totally agree, they have done a phenomenal job so far, and hopefully they can keep their shit in line and make this something to rival European fests (although as far as lineup goes, I'd say it already is).

I think the fact that they have done as much as they have speaks volumes about their ability to keep their expectations real and work within their means. Again, I have nothing but praise and admiration for what these guys have accomplished.

Agreed, the only other comparable 'fest in the states right now is ProgPower, and that is a lot more of an "exclusive" 'fest (far more limited tickets).

I'm so happy to see that they expanded out from being a death metal niche 'fest to being more "inclusive," but still all extreme. Brougth them to the next level.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/31/2009
14:54:51
Yeah, without a doubt. I think there are still other awesome fests in the US though, New England Deathfest had a pretty awesome lineup this year, but yes, they're not as all-inclusive as the maryland deathfest.

I'm just kind of concerned about the location issue, really. Sonar is good for now, but it will ostensibly need to be moved to a larger location sometime in the next couple years... I don't know what options there are in and around Baltimore, but I just hope they make a good choice instead of a cheap choice.
Go to Top of Page
diabolicum
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
08/31/2009
18:22:14
holy fuck if im in country ill be going just cause of necrophobic and sadistic intent being there..thats reason enough
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
08/31/2009
20:08:32
I just found a $443.53 deal to MDF! Guess who's coming?! Grin

flame
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
08/31/2009
20:21:42
I somehow managed to make it to deathfest last year on a budget of under 100 dollars....of course the bands I could see was limited...lame.

Actually, 443 dollars is a good deal even just for staying in baltimore for three/four nights if you count in the ticket price. I can't imagine that price will include transportation, will it?
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
08/31/2009
20:34:49
Nope, just hotel and flight
Go to Top of Page
I have dysentery
Cred: 0
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
08/31/2009
21:22:26
I've already started setting my money aside. I have missed this fest 2 years in a row now and have been kicking myself ever since. Missing last year's has really got me questioning where the hell I put my balls.
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
09/01/2009
00:40:58
quote:
Originally posted by so_says_the_phoenix

Guess who's coming?! Grin

Probably your mom.
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
09/01/2009
00:42:39
quote:
Originally posted by I have dysentery

I've already started setting my money aside. I have missed this fest 2 years in a row now and have been kicking myself ever since. Missing last year's has really got me questioning where the hell I put my balls.

Try the most obvious place. Amanda's mouth.
Go to Top of Page
Ulv63

1 Year1 Year
09/01/2009
09:16:39
quote:

Oh. well shit, that ain't bad.
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
09/01/2009
09:22:09
quote:

quote:

Guess who's coming?! Grin

Probably your mom.

Do you still have a crush on my mom? Grin
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
09/01/2009
09:27:04
quote:

quote:

Oh. well shit, that ain't bad.

I've actually been debating whether to go with the package deal, at $444, or whether I should go for each separately. My flight alone is minimum $150, and I'd imagine I'd need a hotel for about 3 days.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;