Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 New Albums
 Fear Factory - Mechanize
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
02/03/2010
05:29:11
Post Cred: 0
Agreed and it is worth at least one listen for sure.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
02/06/2010
11:54:03
I like it. Probably not as good as my expectations (too much ballads), but the best 2010 release I've heard so far Wink
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/06/2010
12:06:46
quote:
Originally posted by Brack

(too much ballads)

Huh?
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
02/06/2010
12:34:34
Well, probably not really "full" ballads, but too many quiet, slow parts. Like in Final Exit for example.
Go to Top of Page
Doomster o)))
Cred: 1

5 Years1 Year1 Year
02/11/2010
18:25:08
quote:

Well, probably not really "full" ballads, but too many quiet, slow parts. Like in Final Exit for example.

Something like "Descend" from the album Obsolete?

Anyway does it sounds poppy/mellow or mature?
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
02/12/2010
03:31:14
Yeah, probably like "Descent" - which is a track I really dig. But IMHO a Fear Factory album should not contain more than one or two songs that are mellow.

I wouldn't say it sound poppy, not at all. But then, after one listen my opinion isn't fixed yet and I have to give it more spins to discover more details.

My first impression is: it's rather similar to Archetype, a bit more aggressive (in the non-mellow tracks).
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
02/16/2010
16:08:06
I listened to half of the album on my way back from home and tried to pay more attention to hints of ballads I thought I remember from the first spin.

Christploitation isn't exactly what I would call a ballad. Way too fast and agressive for that. But the keyboard/piano/choir effects have a certain "ballad feeling" to them if you ask me. To a lesser degree they are also present in Oxidizer.

Maybe it's a wrong association that arose because I would have liked the tracks to be more straightforward/less "squiggly" (that word came up at the online dictionary for the German word "verschnörkelt").

I'll pay extra attention during the second half of the album on my way to work tomorrow Wink
Go to Top of Page
Cred: 8
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
02/16/2010
16:45:12
I think you mean "atmospheric" when you say ballad. I don't know if that term could help your explanation.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
02/16/2010
17:08:14
Yeah, "atmospheric" seems the best way to describe it.

It isn't exactly awful when they use it, but I like Fear Factory best when they have that sterile, mechanical sound. Wink
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
02/17/2010
04:59:57
Now I know why I got the impression of too many ballads Wink

The album ends with Designing The Enemy and Final Exit, two tracks that - for FF standards - are ballads. Plus the atmospheric parts in at least two more of the nine songs (not counting the instrumental interlude as song).

What's making it worse is that the ballads end the album. I don't want a FF as a lullaby, there must be some really great last song that leaves you breathless when the album is over Wink
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
03/29/2010
13:50:57
I do like the album overall, but man, does Designing The Enemy suck! That song alone will cost the album 1 point in rating on a scale up to 10. It's a sure candidate for the skip button.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/26/2010
14:38:58
Seems to be well received around here... #3 in spins of the 2010 releases here at SNMR: http://snakenetmetalradio.com/charts/Top100AlbumsOfTheYear.asp

After hearing it for maybe the fifth time now I would say it's a 8 on a scale of ten (where 5 marks albums I feel indifferent about). So that would make the category: solid buy for fans of the genre. Not too outstanding, though. Meaning that it would not make it to the first few spots of a best-of-the-year list.

After Transgression everything would be an improvement. Unfortunately it's not that much, much better than its predecessor as I first thought. There's three songs on it that spoil it for me: Designing The Enemy, Final Exit and - to a lesser degree - Christploitation.
Go to Top of Page
axeVictim
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/26/2010
16:25:25
Best Fear Factory for many years. It just goes to show that Burton needs Dino more than Dino needs Burton. The two Divine Heresy albums were awesome compared to the albums FF released without the fat guy.

Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/26/2010
16:41:32
I have to admit that I have not heard Divine Heresy yet.

As to the "best FF for many years"... At the moment I enjoy the current one less than Archetype. Which makes Mechanize only better than Transgression. Granted, that way it's the best they released after 2004 Wink
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/26/2010
16:43:50
quote:

Which makes Mechanize only better than Transgression.

What about Digimortal ? While not bad, it certainly wasn't as good as Mechanize.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/27/2010
02:15:42
I'm not sure about that yet. Digimortal was the weakest FF album before the split. I haven't heard that one in a while but on top of my head I can't remember if it had tracks on it I always skipped. As in the post above, Mechanize has two or three of them.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;