Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Snakenet Chapters
 WOA: Camp Snakenet
 WOA 2010 – Camp tshirts: discussion, designs, etc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 5
Cannelle
Super Mod
Cred: 31
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
06:52:22
Post Cred: 4
Nancy, I really thought I had made the specific instructions of the elements that were needed clear to both guys. I guess it wasn't clear enough.

We appreciate the artistic effort Geoff put in this, we really do, but we need to keep in mind that this is a promotional support. Not just a great tshirt, but a tshirt that screams SNAKENET at your face. We need to convert people. That's the objective.
What we want is people in Wacken knowing from a distance "oh yeah it's those crazy bastards coming from all over the world with the strange dome at their camp Sign of the devil dude! and a weird colour shirt every year, maybe I should check the website one day, they look like fun people".
That's the effect we're looking for Smilie Goatee

The best solution would be to manage to get something special, that's perfectly brilliant in my book, integrating the known logos. Camp SnakeNet now has an identity. People at Wacken recognize us every year now.

I know it's not an easy task, which is exactly why I had told the guys that they should first find some ideas, discuss it together and with me, and when a bit more specific concept emerge, post some drafts.
It's never easy to handle the situation if the project is not mature enough and you get feedback in all different directions, it needs to be controlled. I was very specific about the dangers of coming forwards with drafts too soon.

Like I said several times already, there's still time, and I don't want them to sacrifice time they should spend on their exams. When Geoff has a bit more time again, instead of going straight to another design phase, he should get in touch with Tobi and with Nina or myself, have little brain storming session, and then work on designing.
It may not be the way he's used to work, I can understand that, he's more into a creative type of things, but that's the best way to deal with this specific process, trust me, it's been lot of work the previous years too.

Again, we truly appreciate his efforts, like the suggestions of Tobi some time ago were appreciated (and I gave him the same kind of feedback btw, we really need to integrate a recognizable SnakeNet logo so people identify us).

I haven't gotten the previous designs yet, because our old "working behind the scene" forum is now offline. I'll see with Clint this week-end if he can salvage anything.

And I'll get in touch with Tobi and Geoff, see if we can plan a Skype/MSN/whatever session to do a brain storming.
I really think it's important to define a concept first.
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
Cred: 21
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:06:08
Post Cred: 3
I too like the designs. But... The thing with logo's is that you have to stick with them. If you want to change them you do it slowly over time, or you put a giant amount of marketing monye into presenting the new logo, so "everybody" know that you are still the same.

I think the snake of Snakenet is a good logo, that has not yet out-lived its style, and as such we should keep it. The same goes for the WoA skull, that is an international brand, used on every kind of Wacken merch, since 1990 - even anal vibrator Grin

I guess what I'm saying is that the snake and the skull are the two traditional objects of the t-shirt. They are not eye-catchers, they simply transmit the message: "We are snakenet, we love WoA!".

Anything else on the shirt is up to the free mind of the artist - make it fluffy for all I care, or make it glow in the dark. Good merch is always a compromise between the easily recognizeable and the inovative eye candy.
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:06:54
Post Cred: 1
Actually, we might as well use this topic for getting some kind of brain storming going on, that way when our designers have a bit more time they can look in here and pick up ideas.

Previous ideas:
Green: shaky dome and ''if found drunk, please return to Camp SnakeNet"
Orange: prison made of beer bottle with "inmate 666"
Yellow: something about behing radio-active (huhuh, clever Grin)
Red: mixing up the WOA skull and the snake of SnakeNet
White: more classic SnakeNet design, but personalised

BASIC RULES of the game
Baby blue color for the shirt
Unicolor design (Black), to keep the price reasonable
Easily recognisable SnakeNet element (ideally, the official logo)
Wacken element

- Please keep your ideas reasonable
- If it's too complex, it might not look good when printed
- Customized would be cool, but that's only doable if we get the shirts delivered early enough and to someone who has time to do it

Tobi's initial ideas were:
1/ A sword, running through a snake's head (sword engraved with "SnakeNet"
2/ The Wacken skull with two snakes winding around its horns and a background explosion. That looks like this years wacken symbol, with rays of light going in all directions
Like I said, the problem was incorporating the official SnakeNet logo in this.

Geoff's initial idea you can find in the draft posted by Nancy

Oh and of course, don't feel bad if your ideas are not used Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:07:36
Post Cred: 0
Note: I've just spend two months perfecting a logo with our lay-out'er... Logo's don't come easy.
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:09:33
Martin, you were not there back then but years ago Snake attempted to revamp the logo, asked several people to design a new one, but it didn't work out. The project never went through. This logo is SnakeNet. This how we recognise SnakeNet.
Go to Top of Page
IronMaiden
Super Mod
Cred: 2
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:24:59
Nancy, as Delphine said, we DO appreciate the effort that's already gone into the design. The issue is, we want to be noticed and recognised for the bunch of international nutters who keep on coming back every year.

Camp SnakeNet *is* the United Metal Nations and if the logos are changed too radically people might not realise it's still the same bunch of nutters as all the previous years.
Go to Top of Page
vlier
Super Mod
Cred: 14
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:30:24
quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden

Nancy, as Delphine said, we DO appreciate the effort that's already gone into the design. The issue is, we want to be noticed and recognised for the bunch of international nutters who keep on coming back every year.

Camp SnakeNet *is* the United Metal Nations and if the logos are changed too radically people might not realise it's still the same bunch of nutters as all the previous years.

I know you appreciate the effort but Geoff probably misunderstood.No big deal,I'm sure the 2 designers will come up with something great eventually Smile
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:35:47
Delphine: Could you send me all the basic snakenet-logo files? My lay-out'er wants to give it a go, free of charge, just for the fun and challenge of it Smile

And where do I get a high solution WoA skull?

What's the time limit on this?
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:42:34
Yeah since he never got the first emails, and received the whole lot of discussion between Tobi and me in one go, I can see how he missed some info.

OK, since I opened a brain storming here, might as well give my 2 cents Winking Goatee

What rhymes with baby blue?
Minttu!! Sign of the devil dude!
More generally I would surf on the "drink your way around the world" trend
IF it's possible to integrate it into a cool design of course

And btw, talking about the United Metal Nations, we'll have a couple of Brazilians this year at the camp Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/07/2010
07:50:27
quote:
Originally posted by DeadDrunkDane

Delphine: Could you send me all the basic snakenet-logo files? My lay-out'er wants to give it a go, free of charge, just for the fun and challenge of it Smile

And where do I get a high solution WoA skull?

What's the time limit on this?

Like I said I don't have anything to send right now but I'll see with Clint tomorrow, he probably has his own working files somewhere, and I would say there should be a usable WoA skull too.
If I don't get back to you about it tomorrow, kick my ass. Winking Goatee

I don't know exactly about the time limit, it depends on the provider of the shirts this year.
Go to Top of Page
IronMaiden
Super Mod
Cred: 2
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/07/2010
08:00:48
I had a look at what I've got in my archives and unfortunately I only have last year's design stored on my laptop & mail archives I can access now. I may have some of the older ones on my home PC but obviously it's a bit far away for now (I'm still in Milan) Wink
Go to Top of Page
zelc
Cred: 6
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/07/2010
14:01:04
I may have the 2006 one still laying around somewhere (Snakehead+horns) I'll have a looksie. Weren't we discussing a snake coiling around the globe with a sword trough it in 2006/7/8?

Anyway, I'll think about something cool to put on the shirt Grin
Go to Top of Page
lady_atrion
Cred: 4
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/07/2010
14:19:05
quote:
Originally posted by Cannelle

Yeah since he never got the first emails, and received the whole lot of discussion between Tobi and me in one go, I can see how he missed some info.

OK, since I opened a brain storming here, might as well give my 2 cents Winking Goatee

What rhymes with baby blue?
Minttu!! Sign of the devil dude!
More generally I would surf on the "drink your way around the world" trend
IF it's possible to integrate it into a cool design of course

And btw, talking about the United Metal Nations, we'll have a couple of Brazilians this year at the camp Sign of the devil dude!

I thought of Ramolosa and then Minttu Grin

Maybe we should contact Ramolosa producents for sposoring our t-shirts? Grin

Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/08/2010
02:26:51
quote:
Originally posted by lady_atrion

LOL I'm not sure we match their image... They're all about being healthy and clean of mind and body... Not exactly our formost qualities Wink
Go to Top of Page
ElDrugo
Cred: 3
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/08/2010
03:23:40
But that's why we survive from Thursday to Sunday: We start the day with a can of Ramlösa! Grinning Goatee
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/08/2010
03:31:46
"Ramlösa - Will keep you alive, even if you try to drink yourself to death!"

Catchy slogan indeed Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/08/2010
03:54:07
You can find a large file of the SnakeNet logo here (warning: it's big)

Not having a server anymore we can't really put all the working files online, but well, I'm not sure it would be useful anyway, this is the base of every other design

Go to Top of Page
lady_atrion
Cred: 4
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/08/2010
04:48:51
quote:
Originally posted by DeadDrunkDane

quote:
Originally posted by lady_atrion

LOL I'm not sure we match their image... They're all about being healthy and clean of mind and body... Not exactly our formost qualities Wink

Isn't it exactly the reason why we drink it? Grin To keep our minds and bodies clean before next portions of alcohol?
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
05/08/2010
08:42:04
Wodka is an anti-septic... couldn't it achieve the same goal? Grin
Go to Top of Page
shirahime_syo

1 Year1 Year
05/08/2010
18:20:47
Can't seem to get that snakenet logo to download, I wanted to show it my sis.

She wants to have a go at designing something, she's looking at a lord of the rings style snake logo a 'one camp to rule them all' sort of thing.

OR the drinking around the world idea using the snake logo to surround the globe.

Not sure about the backprint though other than some wording around the metal nation.
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/09/2010
03:31:45
weird... Confused
I'll see if I can find a solution

OK
What you probably did was (like me):
- click on the link, image open in your browser
- save image as
- double click the file, the explorer/browser tries to open it, but it's too big

What you need to do is open it with a program that can handle it, like Photoshop or something like that, or even Paint.

I don't have fancy programs so I opened it with Paint, only thing is at first I didn't see shit because it's so big and there's nothing in the upper left corner, but once I scrolled I could see it Winking Goatee

Go to Top of Page
Faxe
Cred: 1
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
05/09/2010
07:03:42
quote:
Originally posted by shirahime_syo

OR the drinking around the world idea using the snake logo to surround the globe.

Jormungand?
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/09/2010
07:20:49
quote:
Originally posted by Faxe

quote:
Originally posted by shirahime_syo

Jormungand?

My thought exactly Grin The über-snake of the universe Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/09/2010
07:42:56
Didn't read all the postings here, but I'm interested in getting a shirt as well. Haven't thought about a motif yet...
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
05/09/2010
12:34:57
Is their a sleeveless option? Being the lazy-bum I am, I don't want to have to be arsed to cut them with scissors. Grin

Edited by - so_says_the_phoenix on 05/09/2010 12:35:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.51 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;