Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Snakenet Chapters
 WOA: Camp Snakenet
 Wacken/Metaltix homepage hacked...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3
DeadDrunkDane
Cred: 21
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/16/2010
14:17:58
Post Cred: 0
quote:
Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

I'm more pissed at Wacken/Metaltix. Their website was vandalised a few months ago by a person who was saying "Look, your website is really insecure" and then their (infinitely more important) database of credit card details was also compromised. They make literally millions of ticket sales (I estimate around 10 million euros) and I would expect them to invest in security for the good people who give them that money. Not to mention that, by law, they are required to keep our data secure and private.

Of course the people who did this are scum, too! =/

I completely agree! Metaltix sucks bigtime. I've never heard of suh a blunder before Sad
Go to Top of Page
shirahime_syo
Cred: 5

1 Year1 Year
04/16/2010
16:47:02
They've had my card and annoyingly my sisters, my card was successfully blocked as they tried to spend over my limit but my sister wasn't so lucky. The best bit is that when the guy started using it they had just phoned my sister up to query a 99p transaction on Amazon, but then let someone who lives in Slough put money on it when my sister had just done a transaction in Sheffield. How thick can you get?

My sister is probably not going to order tickets from them again after this, as this is the first time she has even used the site.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/16/2010
18:14:14
This could be the end for the company really, how can you trust them again? I am sure many will think that way.
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Cred: 11
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
04/16/2010
19:32:33
Post Cred: 1
But then, people will still want to go to Wacken. So people will have to order tickets off Metaltix, unless Wacken use some kind of third-party for next year, which is what I would do. They have a lot of reassuring to do, regardless.

They should also send out something in the mail. The *real* mail. It makes things a lot more official than just another email that goes to an account that I don't use any more. And this should be sent to everyone. Right now, I still haven't heard anything from Metaltix/Wacken, which seems to me like they merely want to cover it up/not deal with it seriously.
Go to Top of Page
IeVuL-oNe
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/17/2010
03:38:31
That's the feeling I have got too. They could deal with this a lot more professional. I wont use the credit card payment option next time and I rather would buy the tickets somewhere else.
Go to Top of Page
Dr03hn3r

1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/17/2010
03:58:14
quote:
Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

I'm more pissed at Wacken/Metaltix. Their website was vandalised a few months ago by a person who was saying "Look, your website is really insecure" and then their (infinitely more important) database of credit card details was also compromised. They make literally millions of ticket sales (I estimate around 10 million euros) and I would expect them to invest in security for the good people who give them that money. Not to mention that, by law, they are required to keep our data secure and private.

Of course the people who did this are scum, too! =/

well somehow they will argument like if he never made it public that wouldnt happenSad Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/17/2010
06:33:32
quote:
Originally posted by Sortiment

This could be the end for the company really, how can you trust them again? I am sure many will think that way.

Actually I doubt that. There have been plenty of "big scandals" in the past everywhere yet it's always just a few who change their behaviour. The masses tend to forget quickly (when they were not directly affected).
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
04/17/2010
06:35:27
Ah, now I know why I wasn't notified, I used "bank transfer" to send them the money.
Go to Top of Page
IronMaiden
Super Mod
Cred: 2
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
04/17/2010
10:06:24
I haven't been notified but I'm keeping an eye on my CC account all the time anyway as I travel so much there's always a risk of my card getting copied abroad. It's happened to me before...
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
Cred: 7
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/17/2010
13:01:44
Post Cred: 2
This really sux for you folks. Are the unauthorized charges gonna be forgiven or does everyone have to just take the loss? I think some credit card companies take the hit rather then passing it on to the customers. I think that kind of protection needs to be purchased ahead of time. I'm not sure though.
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
04/17/2010
14:04:23
I think it completely depends on your credit card company or bank, Layla. Naturally things differ incredibly across countries. Some people get theirs back (I know I would from my bank) whereas others won't. Some companies will take months to return the money.

I know some companies will automatically block more than one transaction outside of your country. I specifically disabled this (I travel too much, that it just makes it a pain in the ass) but for many people it seems to have been useful in this case. And credit cards are usually better for refunding your money - as millions of British people saw during the recession, when corporations such as holiday companies were going into administration, leaving people stuck abroad AND without any hope of getting the money from the company.

On an amusing note, the Government official in charge of credit card and online fraud had his details stolen last year Grin Which just goes to show it can happen to even the most knowledgeable...
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
Cred: 7
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/17/2010
14:19:06
Well I hope you folks get your money back. I imagine going to Wacken is expensive enough without getting money stolen by some assclown credit card thieves.

Edited by - Ravenous Destruction on 04/17/2010 14:19:34
Go to Top of Page
Faxe
Cred: 1
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
04/17/2010
23:40:22
I ordered through a company that also arranges the trip to Wacken, so I'm in no immediate danger, but to those of you who have lost money, I'm very sorry to hear that. It's awful shit.
Go to Top of Page
chaoselements
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/18/2010
21:09:27
my parents card's has a similar fraudulant use.. just they didn't tell me till i mentioned about metaltix getting hacked.

luckily they saw the locations of the transactions and had already put the proper measures in place to block the transactions and inform police (was for airline tickets so could be tracked easily)
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/23/2010
04:48:56
I haven't been notified either. If it wasn't for snakenet I would probably never have heard about this... Very pissed with Metaltix.
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/23/2010
04:58:27
And now WOA are trying to sell merchandise from their news letter via MetalTix without even mentioning anything. As if I am going to give them my credit card number one more time without any reassurance that everything is OK. And not a disclaimer but a personal letter or something.
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/23/2010
05:10:06
Should someone report this to the police?
Go to Top of Page
ElDrugo
Cred: 3
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/23/2010
05:42:40
The lack of professionalism at Metaltix is very disturbing. I was very lucky, that I got a new credit card in March because the old one just expired.

I'm happy that most of you will get the money back.
Go to Top of Page
Laske
Cred: 8

04/23/2010
13:51:43
I got my money back yesterday...

But still anoying Sad Goatee

I think I will use the bank transfer next time...
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
Cred: 18
I Supported Snakenet
04/26/2010
03:00:57
The sad thing is that the fucker who took money from my account used them for paying water and electricity bills - boooooring!
Go to Top of Page
DeadDrunkDane
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/26/2010
03:50:26
quote:
Originally posted by Thor Bear

The sad thing is that the fucker who took money from my account used them for paying water and electricity bills - boooooring!

LOL At least it would seem that he needed them Smile If you know what he used it for, don't you know who he/she is??
Go to Top of Page
zelc
Cred: 6
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/27/2010
03:29:30
quote:
Originally posted by DeadDrunkDane

quote:
Originally posted by Thor Bear

LOL At least it would seem that he needed them Smile If you know what he used it for, don't you know who he/she is??

In my case no. I found out where he/she spent the money from the bank chitty I get every month. When I contacted them (EasyJet) they said they can't give me more information due to their privacy/security rules and that either the police or the bank should contact them.

The thing is, I always endorsed privacy laws and such...heh, now I just hope the police will do their job (as if).
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
04/27/2010
04:28:24
If privacy laws were properly enacted, in the sense that if Metaltix used suitable security to protect our privacy, then this would never come about...
Go to Top of Page
zelc
Cred: 6
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/27/2010
09:22:15
[quote]Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

If privacy laws were properly enacted, in the sense that if Metaltix used suitable security to protect our privacy, then this would never come about...
[/quote

yeah, that has crossed my mind as well...
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
06:23:26
This is most likely the first severe consequence for MetalTix:

http://www.full-metal-shop.de
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;