Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Snakenet Chapters
 WOA: Camp Snakenet
 Wacken/Metaltix homepage hacked...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 3
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
06:28:44
Post Cred: 0
What do you mean? That WOA now has their own webshop?
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
06:33:22
A lot of the stuff on slae was stuff I so far has refrained from buying because it was only available through MetalTix. Now I will most likely buy it and the money will go directly to WOA and not through MealTix and thus they will loose a lot of money. Not to mention if all the ticket sales are going to be handled through WOA's own shop.

Edited by - Sortiment on 05/27/2010 06:34:12
Go to Top of Page
Cannelle
Super Mod
Cred: 31
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
06:42:57
yes I was wondering whether I should post about it or not... I would have if they were stating that they had created their own shop to avoid the security issues of metaltix
right now... I'd advise to wait until there's some feedback about how secure their webshop is
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Cred: 11
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
07:02:12
I could be wrong, but isn't Metaltix owned by Wacken? The servers are owned by the same people, administrated by the same people. Therefore I can only presume that this Wacken shop will have the same shortcomings as Metaltix did.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
07:03:59
quote:
Originally posted by Cannelle

yes I was wondering whether I should post about it or not... I would have if they were stating that they had created their own shop to avoid the security issues of metaltix
right now... I'd advise to wait until there's some feedback about how secure their webshop is

This is not the webshop that has to be secured. It is already. you can know that when you see a little padlock. When you click on this padlock, you can see which certificate is used. Usually it's well secured and transaction encrypted. This is not at this moment that you have to be afraid, this is after.

The site itself has to be secured. And that, you will never know until some hackers succeed on stealing data.
Because what they stole was not your transaction it was what was on databases. In short, or you trust or you don't.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
07:05:50
quote:
Originally posted by AbbyTritonus

I could be wrong, but isn't Metaltix owned by Wacken? The servers are owned by the same people, administrated by the same people. Therefore I can only presume that this Wacken shop will have the same shortcomings as Metaltix did.

they could just change name to avoid people leaving metaltix.
because now, to trust a site called metaltix...... not easy Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
07:36:46
One more thing:

To be sure that your payment is 100% secured, you click on the padlock, there you'll see who certify the transaction (for instance 'ogone'). I thing you already seen somewhere 'certify by ........' in that case you can sleep, it will be secured and they don't need to keep your card informations.

I don't remember because the last time I bought at metaltix it was a long time ago, but I doubt they had secured transactions.

In fact those guys weren't aware about security. that's why it got hacked so easily.

Edited by - Metal_Dem on 05/27/2010 07:37:22
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/27/2010
11:19:00
Interesting: I got a "Full Metal Mag" from WOA in the snail mail today Eek
Go to Top of Page
zelc
Cred: 6
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
12:30:20
quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Dem

One more thing:

To be sure that your payment is 100% secured, you click on the padlock, there you'll see who certify the transaction (for instance 'ogone'). I thing you already seen somewhere 'certify by ........' in that case you can sleep, it will be secured and they don't need to keep your card informations.

I don't remember because the last time I bought at metaltix it was a long time ago, but I doubt they had secured transactions.

In fact those guys weren't aware about security. that's why it got hacked so easily.

Or they could just let someone like paypal handle their transactions Then I'd at least know who to blame Wink

@Brack: Damn, I hope I get one too Grin (hopefully about 130€ worth, it'd be easier to forget the hack) Wink
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
12:40:43
Exactly Zelc.
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
12:41:02
I want one too!
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/27/2010
12:44:31
Seems like it's the print catalogue of their shop with a few editorial texts
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
13:29:53
Oh - boring then...
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/27/2010
14:24:44
Sad I had so high hopes .....
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
05/27/2010
17:27:01
Will report later in detail
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;