Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Snakenet Chapters
 Regional Chapters/Member Gatherings
 Maryland Death Fest 2010 Y'in/Y'out list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Topic
Page: of 6
Ravenous Destruction
Cred: 7
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/20/2010
00:40:10
Post Cred: 0
I will be arriving with Sly and his friend. I won't know when will be arriving till we get there, but it will probably be much later then all of you.

Edited by - Ravenous Destruction on 05/20/2010 00:40:43
Go to Top of Page
I have dysentery
Cred: 0
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
22:24:03
We're packing our bags right now! See you guys tomorrow!!!!
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
22:29:41
Packing up now... see you guys noon-time Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Red
Cred: 21
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
22:50:49
I made the mistake of looking at the schedule the other day. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't contain myself. Now I hate myself more for being an incompetent chemist that gets fired for blowing shit up.

That Saturday lineup looks awesome. I'll be getting shit faced being depressed about where I'm not.

Anyway, have a blast everyone.

Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
05/27/2010
23:05:27
Note to self: Buy full tank of gas, 5 5-Hour Energy bottles, and socks. EXTRA socks...
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/28/2010
04:25:23
Hey, have a blast guys, I would go if I had the chance Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
05/28/2010
04:35:24
It's about 430AM. I still haven't slept. I still haven't finished packing. In an hour or two and heading out.
Go to Top of Page
kellthevalkyrie
Cred: 1
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
05/28/2010
18:41:33
Oh how I miss you all already. Have a blast, guys. Lots of shenanigans, ok?!?
Go to Top of Page
kellthevalkyrie
I Supported Snakenet
05/28/2010
18:53:50
quote:
Originally posted by Snake

I don't think you need luck convincing Kelly because I know if she really wanted to go, she would be there. She's making a choice not to attend. Kelly's always shown up in spite of the circumstances and in spite of what everyone else around her was doing, so I don't really think she can be talked into it.

Well, I guess you're right, Snake. I'm choosing not to go because I'm choosing to be employed...and since unemployment won't be able to pay for the massive amounts of debt I'm in, this is the sad reality I have to face. If you think I don't want to be there...then I guess you don't know me that well after all these years. If it's any consolation I do feel miserable right now. It's not like this weekend is passing and I don't know what I'm missing.

Don't I get ONE free pass? Sad

Well, obviously I'm thinking about all you and hope that you're having fun. I hope there are many shenanigans and stories, and maybe one ficus in an elevator.
Go to Top of Page
DJ-RJ
I Supported Snakenet
05/28/2010
19:35:51
Post Cred: 3
quote:
Originally posted by kellthevalkyrie

quote:
Originally posted by Snake

I don't think you need luck convincing Kelly because I know if she really wanted to go, she would be there. She's making a choice not to attend. Kelly's always shown up in spite of the circumstances and in spite of what everyone else around her was doing, so I don't really think she can be talked into it.

Well, I guess you're right, Snake. I'm choosing not to go because I'm choosing to be employed...and since unemployment won't be able to pay for the massive amounts of debt I'm in, this is the sad reality I have to face. If you think I don't want to be there...then I guess you don't know me that well after all these years. If it's any consolation I do feel miserable right now. It's not like this weekend is passing and I don't know what I'm missing.

Well, obviously I'm thinking about all you and hope that you're having fun. I hope there are many shenanigans and stories, and maybe one ficus in an elevator.

You can't feel bad Kell. Golden Rule is "Its not always what you wanna do, but what you gotta do". Theres no shame in responsibility. Economy sucks, there aren't many job opportunities and employers can use just about any excuse to let someone go. You and I have both been to shows so I think Snake and others know we still go out and do it.
Go to Top of Page
kellthevalkyrie
I Supported Snakenet
05/28/2010
19:45:06
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-RJ

[quote]Originally posted by kellthevalkyrie

[quote]Originally posted by Snake

You can't feel bad Kell. Golden Rule is "Its not always what you wanna do, but what you gotta do". Theres no shame in responsibility. Economy sucks, there aren't many job opportunities and employers can use just about any excuse to let someone go. You and I have both been to shows so I think Snake and others know we still go out and do it.

Thanks RJ. I'm sure we'll be able to drink to that fact in the future at some other fest/gathering.
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
05/28/2010
21:06:09
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-RJ

Aint that the unfortunate truth. I'll drink to that.
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
Cred: 15
Supreme Commander of the Metal Nation
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
05/29/2010
00:59:18
quote:
Originally posted by kellthevalkyrie

Nope. No soup for you!

No soup for me either. I blew it off. Too damn broke. Too damn unemployed. Too damn fed up with the horseshit I'd have to deal with to go.

It's really sad getting all these texts from Jill. I wanted to see her more then any band. Can't reply though...as experienced MDFers know, I can't text. Grin

Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
05/29/2010
01:28:07
I actually had a dream last in which Jill had a costarring role. Not really a regular occurrence, but weird nonetheless, perhaps partially due to laying awake in bed last night thinking "I should be in Baltimore right now." Anyway, long story short, we were hanging out and she turned me into a criminal and the dream ended with me running from the fuzz. Don't know if any of this is relevant, I'm just a bit drunk and thought sharing might manufacture a laugh or two.
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
05/29/2010
02:00:47
Fuck it, I'm drunk and want to ramble. There were two points in the last couple months that I thought about saying fuck it and going.

The first: Tax return time. I thought about three ways to sepnd my tax returns. 1) paying significant chunks of my credit card debt and money I owe my dad off. 2) getting a plane ticket to Baltimore and an MDF ticket. 3) new computer. Seeing as I'm here posting this right now, you shoudl be able to extrapolate which option I chose. When job hunting, daily access to email is important, not the 3-4 times a week I got to the library. I just felt I had to, even though it hurt me thinking I could say fuck the system andf use that cash to go to MDF.

The second: a couple weeks ago, I could have bought a ticket and plane fare. That's all I'd be able to afford though, I'd be blowing off bills until next month and would have had to live the last couple weeks plus trhe next couple on Ramen and water. Not fun. Bottom line here is that as much fun as I had last year, it would feel diminished this year./ Last year I had cash, I had a room to host the after-party, I bought a dozen or so CDs, drank countless cold ones,. This year I'd be asking to sleep on a floor, bumming drinks from folks and just feeling like a leech.

The bar was raised last year in more ways than one. You could argue it was the best lineup ion an American Metal Fest evr. Milwaukee 98 I think would be the immediate top contedner. I wasn't into metal then, but looking back, that would have been killer. That and I hadn't had as much fun at a fest since MNIII, and the band luineup last year was so killer, and I had cash to throw around and hit the merch tables and feel like a big spender. It was just a fucking blast. Plus I met that Kreeper dude and we still send (mostly hockey related) texts back and forth to this day.

It fucking sucks that I can't make it this year. Last year was one of the highlights of the year. Certainly in the top 3 weekends of the year for me. I remember being at work the following Tuesday and my body was just ravaged. I couldn't talk, I was exhayusted, and I was trying to just give them fuckers at work an idea of how great and how demanding a fest is. Going through the numbers on the plane ride home I reckoned I slept like 10-11 hours over four nights, spent almost 50 hours at the venue, and I didn't even want to think about the money spent or the alcohol consumed. They thought I was exaggerating, them fools.

I wanted to go through it again, but if I can barely afford just to get there, it's not worth it. I want to buy cold ones, and CDs, and not ever have to count my money for a few days. Feeling like a leech is something I would not want, so that's more or less why i didn't go.
Go to Top of Page
kellthevalkyrie
I Supported Snakenet
05/29/2010
21:29:30
Don't worry, Red...we'll get there next year.
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
05/29/2010
23:07:15
Latest updates via text apart from telling me what an ass I am are saying the SNers got a group pic with Blood Duster. Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Red
I Support Snakenet
05/29/2010
23:31:46
And the knife twists further. I need another cold one....
Go to Top of Page
Snake
Station Admin
I Support Snakenet
10 Years1 Year
05/30/2010
04:13:05
Well look at it this way, Red. If you and I were there, that would have changed everything. Maybe circumstances would have been altered and they wouldn't have gotten to do what they did. So actually, I now expect a thank-you for not attending.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6
Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;