Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Heavy Metal
 R.I.P.Peter Steele
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
Post Cred: 2
Posted - 04/15/2010 :  08:37:47  Show Profile  Send poster a Personal Message  Reply with Quote
TYPE O NEGATIVE keyboardist Josh Silver has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band's frontman, Peter Steele, passed away yesterday (Wednesday, April 14) at the age of 48. No official cause of death has yet been released, but it is believed that Steele died of heart failure.

Mistress Juliya (a.k.a. Juliya Chernetsky) of Fuse TV broke the news on her Twitter page last night, stating that she spoke to TYPE O NEGATIVE guitarist Kenny Hickey just before midnight New York time, and that Kenny confirmed that the rumors were true.

Back in 2005, many people were shocked when they logged on to the TYPE O NEGATIVE web site and saw a gravestone with the words "[P]eter Steele - 1962 - 2005 .... Free At Last" carved on it. According to Epinions.com, there were rumors at the time that Steele was sick (with anything from cancer to AIDS), was on his deathbed, attempted suicide ... and the list goes on. Needless to say, it turned out that Steele was very much alive and the gravestone was merely a joke, albeit one the wasn't viewed as being in particularly good taste.

Steele was born Petrus T. Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, New York. He stood 6' 7" (201 cm) tall, and had a low, bass-heavy voice, which was one of the most recognizable features in TYPE O NEGATIVE's music.

Before forming TYPE O NEGATIVE, Steele played for the metal group FALLOUT and the thrash band CARNIVORE.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138519

Man, this sucks big time. I remember when they did this joke 5 years ago, and I hope it's the same now. Though I don't see why they would do this again.
Dyvim_tvar
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
08:45:04
Post Cred: 0
Fucking fuck. That sucks. Sad
Go to Top of Page
Pashka
Cred: 7
Perv Commander
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
09:09:06
I was never in to them, but it's sad news.
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
09:56:50
Post Cred: 1
I'm officially in mourning now
Go to Top of Page
psychoblast
Cred: 4
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
10:44:54
First see then believe Smile
Go to Top of Page
F€NR!Z
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
11:21:58
Sortiment, my thread was posted simultaneously (even first) so I'm not spreading anything Smile.

Still no confirmation about Steele's death, apart from the statements of band members (who are humoristically equally challenged as him Smile)?
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
11:37:54
It was not a matter of judging who was first. I simply closed the thred with the least posts in it Smile
Go to Top of Page
vlier
Super Mod
Cred: 14
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
11:44:22
It was just on the news here so I don't think it's a joke.
R.I.P sir.
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
04/15/2010
11:47:11
The two biggest metal mags in Germany had it as rumors earlier today but in the latest updates they say the death has been confirmed. I hoped it was just a joke like 5 years ago Sad

RIP, Pete!
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
11:47:25
I've been searching around all morning and still no official statement as of yet. I'm a bit perplexed to why this is.
Go to Top of Page
vlier
Super Mod
Cred: 14
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
12:04:01
Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard has updated his Facebook with this message:I fucking miss you so much already,... I love you Brother, I hope you are in a better place.R.I.P my friend, brother, and mentor, Peter Steele, Type-O-Negative, Carnivore….my single biggest musical influence… who named Biohazard.
Go to Top of Page
IronMaiden
Super Mod
Cred: 2
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
04/15/2010
12:08:47
Very sad news indeed if it's true Sad
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl

5 Years1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
12:13:29
SPV confirmed the news.
Go to Top of Page
korgull666
Cred: 4
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
12:27:42
RIP Peter Steele. Wish it were a joke again but it looks like it isn';t and it is painfully true this time.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
04/15/2010
12:39:24
It is not a rumor. The news is true. The band and Peter's family are releasing a statement this afternoon. I've been diligently trying to get up to date information as I have to do my radio show at 2 PM Eastern time.

Truly a sad day. I wish it wasn't true. I will be doing a little tribute today as well on the show. I got a couple of funny moments I'll share on air.

Thanks for all of the great music I got the chance to hear from Fallout to Type O Negative and plenty of memmories from the classic Carnivore shows and Type O Negative. Truly a legend.

R.I.P. Peter Steele
Go to Top of Page
Ravenous Destruction
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
12:49:38
I was really hoping it was a rumor. Looks like it's not. This is such sad news. Sad
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
04/15/2010
12:53:20
The label has already released a statement:

Germany's SPV/Steamhammer Records has released the following statement:

It's with great sadness that we give our condolences to the family and friends of Peter Steele. He died on April 14th, 2010.

"With his bands CARNIVORE and TYPE O NEGATIVE he achieved cult status and was loved by fans around the world. The last releases he did with TYPE O NEGATIVE were the DVD 'Symphony For The Devil' and the studio album 'Dead Again'.

"SPV/Steamhammer proudly released both products worldwide, which will now — very unfortunately — be the end of his recording legacy.

"The world has lost a charismatic frontman and a very talented person.

"Our condolences go to Peter's family, friends and the members of his bands."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A Mod or the OP should change the topic to a straight up RIP.

As I listen to "Dead Again" right now I think of when I first heard this when it came out and thought "Holy shit, these guys are rockin' the fuck out again," and I was looking forward to hearing where they were going to go. I'll watch the Type O DVD later I think too, its a lot of fun...

Okay, now for the sake of irony, because as sad as it is this is kind of funny and this is the only day you can do it:

Dead Again
Go to Top of Page
Lord Slayer of Light
Cred: 27

1 Year
04/15/2010
12:59:31
quote:
Originally posted by so_says_the_phoenix

I'm officially in mourning now

Sounds greasy but I know you really are - I know they're you're favourites - I am so sorry!
Go to Top of Page
Delirium Tremens
Cred: 29
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
13:13:50
R.I.P. man. I was looking forward to more 'Type O Negative' material, really liked "Dead Again". Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
AbbyTritonus
Cred: 11
Tywysoges SnakeNet

1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
13:21:58
I didn't realise that he was so tall Grin

And it is also quite sad. Even for those not huge fans of the music, he was very influential in the genre.
Go to Top of Page
Wintersun
Cred: 34
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
13:27:24
R.I.P. Peter Steele Sad

Edited by - Wintersun on 04/15/2010 13:27:44
Go to Top of Page
Sortiment
Cred: 32
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
04/15/2010
14:06:15
R.I.P. Peter Steele

Way too early to go!
Go to Top of Page
Thor Bear
Cred: 18
I Supported Snakenet
04/15/2010
14:10:52
That's so sad. He was a huge figure in the metal scene. Rest in fun brother.
Go to Top of Page
I have dysentery
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
14:14:37
This makes me ill
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
04/15/2010
15:12:50
Post Cred: 2
Remembering Peter Steele the good the bad and well... Yeah, we've all seen it:

Peter Steele / Type O Negative

About an 11 inch dick and very thick!! But he doesn't like to use rubbers and says he doesn't like groupies, yet will use them when he gets a chance. Sort of weird as well, plus he looks like a steel worker from Iowa!

Metal-Sludge.tv – Groupie Chart
Go to Top of Page
Blood_Red87
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
04/15/2010
17:21:51
Sad, sad news. Always loved Peter's work in Carnivore and Type O Negative but never got to see 'em live Sad The metal world has certainly lost a great musician and all around awesome guy. R.I.P Peter Steele.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;