Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Heavy Metal
 Newest Discoveries
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 8
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
09/10/2008
18:32:05
Post Cred: 0
quote:
Originally posted by JewelThrone

quote:
Originally posted by Bear

Astarte (Grc) - Really thrashy all female black metal. Solid aggressive shit, check out 2007's "Demonized." Of course, the hot chick factor plays into it, but its good fuckin' tunes.

You should check out their earlier stuff. It's very excellent. I've been a fan of theirs since I stumbled on their debut album when it came out.

Yeah, I plan on it. "Demonized" is the shit. Of course, its me we're talking about so it shouldn't surprise you that its in the works.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
Cred: 23
I Support Snakenet
09/10/2008
21:37:13
quote:
Originally posted by Pashka

quote:

And So It Burns Review

Thanks JT Sign of the devil dude!

In your review you say that you need to check out their other albums. Have you done so?

I actually haven't yet. They have a new one in the works. So, I am really lagging with their stuff.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
I Support Snakenet
09/10/2008
21:41:00
quote:

quote:

quote:

Astarte (Grc) - Really thrashy all female black metal. Solid aggressive shit, check out 2007's "Demonized." Of course, the hot chick factor plays into it, but its good fuckin' tunes.

You should check out their earlier stuff. It's very excellent. I've been a fan of theirs since I stumbled on their debut album when it came out.

Yeah, I plan on it. "Demonized" is the shit. Of course, its me we're talking about so it shouldn't surprise you that its in the works.

I actually haven't heard Demonized yet, but those I've talked to that have it say I won't be disappointed.

I actually own their first 3, and missing Sirens and Demonized.

Of the 3 I have, I think Rise Within is the best. So, check that one out.
Go to Top of Page
Pashka
Cred: 7
Perv Commander
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
09/10/2008
22:06:18
quote:

I actually haven't yet. They have a new one in the works. So, I am really lagging with their stuff.

The new one is almost or already is out. And thats the one I heard from them first and that's the one that got me into them. You should really check it out.
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
09/10/2008
22:52:17
My love for Behemoth has been rekindled! Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Charlie Infection
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years
09/11/2008
10:05:15
Been really digging COFFINS !!! They played in Boston recently and I am so pissed I couldn't make it... They are a great Band from Japan !!
also GNOSTIC from Texas...super fucken brutal Black death..
give both these bands a listen ...you wont be sorry !!!
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
I Support Snakenet
09/11/2008
11:26:48
quote:
Originally posted by Pashka

quote:

The new one is almost or already is out. And thats the one I heard from them first and that's the one that got me into them. You should really check it out.

Yeah, I will. I will eventually catch up on their discography.
Go to Top of Page
JewelThrone
I Support Snakenet
09/11/2008
11:29:20
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Infection

Been really digging COFFINS !!! They played in Boston recently and I am so pissed I couldn't make it... They are a great Band from Japan !!

I also just got into Coffins. I've been seeing some of their stuff in the 2 music stores I shop at where I live, and people are really into them, and telling me to check them out. So, I bought The Other Side Of Blasphemy, and love it. It was a great reccomendation.
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
09/23/2008
15:50:47
'Crimson Relic' - listed as doom/death metal out of Texas. Their only release, 1996's "Purgatory's Reign" is some killer 'Celtic Frost' inspired death metal with hints of 'Slayer'. True, there are a few doom type riffs, but personally I'm more inclined to list this as death/thrash than doom/death. But in any case, this is a fucking cool album that deserved a lot more attention than it got.
Go to Top of Page
Bear
Cred: 3
I Supported Snakenet
09/23/2008
16:23:00
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Infection

I also just got into Coffins. I've been seeing some of their stuff in the 2 music stores I shop at where I live, and people are really into them, and telling me to check them out. So, I bought The Other Side Of Blasphemy, and love it. It was a great reccomendation.

I dig Coffins, but I have to admit that the drum work is a touch uninspired. It sorta drops it from great death metal to good death metal.
Go to Top of Page
Akuma
Cred: 2
I Supported Snakenet
10/07/2008
03:57:50
I've recently rediscovered Face Down. I remember listening The Twisted Rule the Wicked a lot back when it was released and I really liked it. Was recently getting some albums from Ebay and discovered their The Will to Power album, dang didnt even know they came back. Anyways been listening this album for few days and I must it is really awesome. And they are even coming out with new album in 2008.
http://www.myspace.com/facedownsweden
Go to Top of Page
maidenrules
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
10/07/2008
06:00:31
Post Cred: 1
witchfinder general-- sure ive heard of them but to me they were a mere legend. ive never heard anything by them. ive never seen a cd in any rec-store or bargain bin. nothing avail. on limewire. until today. napster(love this service) has avail for dl to its members-death penalty. so what do i think of the album. hell yeah. all the legends are true. they rock like black sabbath worshipers who came 10 years too late to the "early days" of the budding metal scene. wow! more early sabbath like than saint vitus or any other 80's doom act. even though this was released in the early 80's it could have easily been released in the early 70's. its that authentic or that much of a sabbath rip-off. either way if you like the early sabbath stuff, im sure you liked the old witchfinder stuff as well.
Go to Top of Page
Starscream
Cred: 33

10/09/2008
02:43:50
Getting into a new doom band called Funeral. Have "From These Wounds" which was bloody great, waiting for the new album "As The Light Does The Shadow" though I have a bootleg copy meantime. Trying to get hold of their earlier cds too: "In Grief Of Pestilence" I think its called and "Tragedies"Grin
Go to Top of Page
so_says_the_phoenix
Cred: 5
SnakeNet Hierophant
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
10/10/2008
14:09:08
Falkenbach! These guys fucking rule! Sign of the devil dude!

Why have I not heard of these guys before?
Go to Top of Page
BloodINC
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
14:38:44
I'm hella excited about the new Napalm Death album. Ive been listening to lots of Napalm Death lately since then. Can't wait to get it.

The newest discoveries lately for me are:

Satan's Revenge on Mankind
Hymen Holocaust
Oros
Sperm of Mankind
-and-
Exposed Guts

Its new to me, but not to you probably. Ever since I found the 3 way Penetration split with CG, SROM, and Hymen Holocaust, Ive been listening to it constantly that I already have scratches on the disk!

Other than that, Napalm Death has gotten my socks rocked off, and I heard a sample of the new album for next year. I can't wait till it's out! Smile
Go to Top of Page
Frosthark

1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:15:13
My recent promising black metal discoveries:
Myrkraverk:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=227785685
Venomous: http://www.myspace.com/blackvenomous
Demonic Slaughter: http://www.myspace.com/demonicslaughter
Infidel:http://www.myspace.com/chaosbloodblasphemy

I'm also trying to fix my lack of knowledge in death metal, I'm exploring old death metal bands and I even ordered Daniel Ekeroth's "Swedish Death Metal" book Sign of the devil dude!

Edited by - Frosthark on 12/13/2008 15:18:26
Go to Top of Page
Sakis
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:34:00
My greatest new discoveries would include:

Aaskereia
Svartkraft (well the first release anyway..)
Tjolgtjar
Uhygge
Vultyr (most notably the 2002 release "Bleed for Vultyr")

Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Wintersun
Cred: 34
I Support Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:41:00
quote:
Originally posted by Sakis

Uhygge
Sign of the devil dude!

This I just have to check out. With that name...... Grinning Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Sakis
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:48:43
quote:
Originally posted by Wintersun

This I just have to check out. With that name...... Grinning Goatee

That was my thought as well when I first stumbled over them at MyMusic.. eh no, I believe that would be BandBase now..
Anyway I actually got myself a nice surprise by that band, it turned out to be a lot better than I expected Smile
Go to Top of Page
Frosthark

1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:48:57
quote:

My greatest new discoveries would include:

Aaskereia
Svartkraft (well the first release anyway..)
Tjolgtjar
Uhygge
Vultyr (most notably the 2002 release "Bleed for Vultyr")

Sign of the devil dude!

Svartkraft I know, their newest album is atm in my top 20 of 2008. As to Uhygge - interesting band, they got their own style.

Edited by - Frosthark on 12/13/2008 15:50:33
Go to Top of Page
Sakis
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
15:57:10
quote:
Originally posted by Frosthark

Svartkraft I know, their newest album is atm in my top 20 of 2008. As to Vultyr - interesting band, they got their own style.

Same guy is the mastermind in both bands I believe..?

On Svartkraft: While I loved "Den Onda Pesten" a lot, I thought the other releases didn't quite live up to that one, though I still do think they're pretty solid, and definitely worth some listening.
Go to Top of Page
Sakis
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
16:01:52
Ahh, you edited the post.. Wink But yeah you can't deny there is something different about Uhygge, in comparison to other BM band out there..
Go to Top of Page
Frosthark

1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
16:04:29
quote:

quote:

Svartkraft I know, their newest album is atm in my top 20 of 2008. As to Vultyr - interesting band, they got their own style.

Same guy is the mastermind in both bands I believe..?

Aye but I made a mistake, I meant Uhygge not Vultyr. Anyway Vultyr is very interesting too. I'll check it out more.
Go to Top of Page
Frosthark

1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
16:08:26
quote:

Ahh, you edited the post.. Wink But yeah you can't deny there is something different about Uhygge, in comparison to other BM band out there..

Yeah, it's not something you hear in most black metal bands, it's almost... jolly. I hear some old blues/hard rock influences there.
Go to Top of Page
Sakis
I Supported Snakenet
1 Year1 Year
12/13/2008
16:09:45
If you're interested in Vultyr I believe it would be a good idea to look at last.fm Wink

quote:

My recent promising black metal discoveries:
Myrkraverk:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=227785685
Venomous: http://www.myspace.com/blackvenomous

Just listened to the stuff from these two bands. I like the second one better, though both sounds pretty competent.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 10.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;