Battleboard
Battleboard
Home | Heavy Metal Lounge | Active Topics | Personal Messages | Active Polls | Search | FAQ
You are logged on as
Logout
 All Forums
 Heavy Metal
 Heavy Metal
 Newest Discoveries
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 8
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/24/2009
12:36:19
Post Cred: 0
I have the DVD but so far didn't find the time to see it. I liked his "Headbanger's Journey" movie so I expect this one is good as well.
Go to Top of Page
BloodINC
Cred: 0
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/28/2009
19:45:01
I just listened to Sodom "M16" album. Boy, do I feel awful not listening to Sodom before, this album is great! Especially Surfin Bird! I don't really go for thrash though.

Anyway, thats my newest discovery.
Go to Top of Page
Cred: 8
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year1 Year1 Year
12/28/2009
19:50:20
Post Cred: 1
quote:
Originally posted by BloodINC

I just listened to Sodom "M16" album. Boy, do I feel awful not listening to Sodom before, this album is great! Especially Surfin Bird! I don't really go for thrash though.

Try Over Kill "Ironbound" when the album will be release. You'll go for thrash for sure.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
Cred: 22
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
12/29/2009
05:59:06
i discovered Undivine this year. Nice melodic death metal.
I do prefer their 2008 album which I love absolutely every single track.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
12/29/2009
06:00:29
quote:

this album is absolutely amazing Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
Brack
Super Mod
Cred: 52
Snakenet Support Staff
I Support Snakenet
12/29/2009
06:02:33
My latest discovery is Suicidal Angels. Their current release reminds me of early Slayer, Kreator and Sepultura. But a lot better than a simple copycat Sign of the devil dude!
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/29/2009
07:01:04
quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Dem

quote:

I never really could get into 'Sodom' that much.

And one hopes you know "Surfin' Bird" is a cover Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
12/29/2009
07:16:30
quote:
Originally posted by stinkfoot

quote:

quote:

I never really could get into 'Sodom' that much.

And one hopes you know "Surfin' Bird" is a cover Winking Goatee

neither do i.
I can't stand Sodom myself as many other thrash metal bands but some like kreator, slayer, blah blah blah...
but this album (that is discovered by chance) is one I really like.

No, I didn't know that "Surfin' Bird" was a cover.
Who's cover btw?
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/29/2009
07:22:58
"Surfin' Bird" was originally a pretty big hit for the surf rock band 'The Trashmen' Winking Goatee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Been covered by lots of people, actually.
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
12/29/2009
08:17:05
lol, you're right. now that you tell me. how come i didn't realize?????
't was a very big hit back in time. I remember my father dancing on that Smile
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/29/2009
08:34:39
quote:

I remember my father dancing on that Smile

While under the influence, I assume ? WinkGrin
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
12/29/2009
13:26:06
quote:
Originally posted by www.wp.pl

quote:

I remember my father dancing on that Smile

While under the influence, I assume ? WinkGrin

Eek ?!? I don't get you. Which influence are you talkin' about?
Go to Top of Page
www.wp.pl
Cred: 5

5 Years1 Year1 Year
12/29/2009
14:05:23
quote:

?!? I don't get you. Which influence are you talkin' about?

Alcohol fueled one, of course Wink

Edited by - www.wp.pl on 12/29/2009 14:06:02
Go to Top of Page
Juletti
Cred: 1
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
01/07/2010
08:56:09
Jex Thoth!

Janis Joplin meets old school doom metal. 'tis better than Blood Ceremony imo Grin
Go to Top of Page
HellrazorSkekzyz

01/09/2010
23:07:03
Aha found a place to put this but it's gonna be buried on page 6 or 7 ah well... so in alphabetical order...

I was fucking around on Hulu and found something interesting...

Acrassicauda may not have an album out yet but if their persistance with wanting to play METAL is any indication then it's gonna fucking rock when they do get it made. This should still be on Hulu for free. I think it's funny they now live in New Jersey, I know Snake lived there for a bit.

3 Inches Of Blood FUCKING ROCKS why do we not have more of them? Oh yeah, it's 'cause they're Canadian j/k. So I'm gonna upload all that I have very soon.

Sabaton is still my favorite new found band of the decade (yes, it's still the 1st decade of the 21st century as I write this.) Snakenet has most of their stuff, I didn't bother uploading the Fist For Fight part of Metalizer because of some sound issues with it and most of what is on the Metalizer CD1 is on the Fist for Fight CD2. So if you like Gallop Metal (think Steve Harris' writing especially on songs like "The Trooper") Sabaton is probably the best "Power/Glory" Metal around. They are currently in the studio making a new album, FUCK YEAH!

StormWarrior, talk about underatted/underexposed, viking metal that is very thrash like in some ways. I will be uploading most of their stuff when I do the 3IOB as well. Snakenet has no StormWarrior as of yet available to request. My uploads should happen next weekend if bracks FTP is up.

Also working on making sure Snakenet has all Doro, Chastain, Warlock, oh and I found a W.A.S.P. Demo!!!! Don't know if Snake wants to put it on the list but I'm gonna upload it anyway just so he can hear it, at least I think Snake still likes W.A.S.P. +_)

Go to Top of Page
I Support Snakenet
01/10/2010
01:22:52
quote:
Originally posted by HellrazorSkekzyz

Aha found a place to put this but it's gonna be buried on page 6 or 7 ah well... so in alphabetical order...

I was fucking around on Hulu and found something interesting...

Acrassicauda may not have an album out yet but if their persistance with wanting to play METAL is any indication then it's gonna fucking rock when they do get it made. This should still be on Hulu for free. I think it's funny they now live in New Jersey, I know Snake lived there for a bit.

3 Inches Of Blood FUCKING ROCKS why do we not have more of them? Oh yeah, it's 'cause they're Canadian j/k. So I'm gonna upload all that I have very soon.

Sabaton is still my favorite new found band of the decade (yes, it's still the 1st decade of the 21st century as I write this.) Snakenet has most of their stuff, I didn't bother uploading the Fist For Fight part of Metalizer because of some sound issues with it and most of what is on the Metalizer CD1 is on the Fist for Fight CD2. So if you like Gallop Metal (think Steve Harris' writing especially on songs like "The Trooper") Sabaton is probably the best "Power/Glory" Metal around. They are currently in the studio making a new album, FUCK YEAH!

StormWarrior, talk about underatted/underexposed, viking metal that is very thrash like in some ways. I will be uploading most of their stuff when I do the 3IOB as well. Snakenet has no StormWarrior as of yet available to request. My uploads should happen next weekend if bracks FTP is up.

Also working on making sure Snakenet has all Doro, Chastain, Warlock, oh and I found a W.A.S.P. Demo!!!! Don't know if Snake wants to put it on the list but I'm gonna upload it anyway just so he can hear it, at least I think Snake still likes W.A.S.P. +_)

Sure he should put it plus i know the pre era of W.A.S.P. plus Rowdy Piper with Blackie Before Sister. I saw Blackie playing guitar before he played bass guitar. Blackie was a guitar player but he always suck at it, it's like hearing Paul Stanley of Kiss but with more handy tricks while you think the guitars rule. Hey.Rolling Goat

Grow upflame

Edited by - 777 on 01/10/2010 01:24:14
Go to Top of Page
HellrazorSkekzyz

01/10/2010
03:08:02
/sigh 777, 2 words: SUCK IT!
Go to Top of Page
I Support Snakenet
01/10/2010
18:09:21
My mistake, "grow up" was too much.

I don't dislike W.A.S.P. I did not mean to attack you.

Anyway, to end it on a joke:

"Shuck me, suck me, eeeeaaat meee raaaaaw, this is Harder Faster !"

Winking Goatee
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
01/10/2010
18:44:03
Pavor

Fawesome technical death metal from Germany with stupendous bass workouts delivered by Rainer Landfermann, the man responsible for the insane vocals on 'Bethlehem's' "Dictius Te Necare". They've been around since 1987 but have to date released a mere two albums. But those two albums - obscure little gems, both - are essential to any tech death collection. Recommended.

http://www.myspace.com/pavor
Go to Top of Page
Delirium Tremens
Cred: 29
I Support Snakenet
01/10/2010
19:02:44
Yeah, "Furioso" is really an excellent piece of work, recommended to everyone Sign of the devil dude!

I'm still trying to score a copy of their debut.
Go to Top of Page
stinkfoot
I Supported Snakenet
5 Years1 Year1 Year
01/21/2010
22:25:57
Luftwaffe Raid

First off, people being what they are, I must stress that this is NOT an NSBM band. The lyrical concept is WWII, but this stems from historical interest, not politics.
Now, they've released two albums so far, "Empire" and "Paradox". Although "Empire" is the debut, the music on "Paradox" was actually written earlier as it comprises two demos. As such, "Paradox" is much more straight-forward black metal, whereas "Empire" contains more experimentation and sounds a little more chaotic, in addition to using a plethora of samples apparently garnered from WWII-era radio broadcasts, Hitler's speeches, etc.. Both albums, imo, are excellent however.
To be fair, I'm not sure if this band is going to set anyone's world on fire, but personally I really enjoyed their music on discovering it. And come on now, you gotta admit "Nazi Zombies From Beyond" is a pretty sweet fuckin' song title Grinning Goatee
No Myspace that I know of, so I'll just give ya some Mediafire links.
[legal disclaimer]
If you enjoy, please support the band by buying the actual albums.
[/legal disclaimer]

"Empire"
"Paradox: First Raid (Gargantuan)"
"Paradox: Second Raid (Zombie)"

You will have to fix the tags on "Paradox", btw.

Edited by - stinkfoot on 01/21/2010 22:35:58
Go to Top of Page
Metal_Dem
I Support Snakenet
5 Years1 Year
01/22/2010
06:26:03
I found a new band that I never heard before last sunday when I went to a gig. This band is calling "Hate" from poland. They are pretty solid (despite their fancy dress Grin)
I bought one of their stuff "Morphosis". Very, very good album. Exactly my cup of tea. Sign of the devil dude!

I almost forgot Noctem (spain). Honestly, their music is quite good.
It's a mix of true black with a bit of death and some parts of thrash (with that kind of music, they are sure to hit a huge kind of metalheads Tongue) But their fancy dress is too much, you have to see that live Grin
a glimpse maybe? Smile

If you take a close look, you'll notice Hannibal Lecter Tongue (the drummer)

Edited by - Metal_Dem on 01/22/2010 07:37:47
Go to Top of Page
opy666
Cred: 4

1 Year
02/03/2010
01:05:48
Snowblood - Snowblood

My favorite post-rock album of 2009 was "Fall of Efrafa - Inle" which just barely missed my top 20...I just discovered Snowblood and it was right up there with Fall of Efrafa, so if you like post-rock/sludge check it out.

review - http://www.teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/snowblood-snowblood/

band site - http://www.myspace.com/beingandbecoming
Go to Top of Page
Ollie55

02/04/2010
18:46:18
Been out for a little bit but I have just picked up Daaths newest album The Concealers. Not to bad of a album. The band is really starting to come around.
Go to Top of Page
I Support Snakenet
02/04/2010
19:32:43
I just recently discovered Scrambled Defuncts and i like that band very much.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8
Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Battleboard © 2000-04 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Accessibility - Sponsored by Clearstone Spa - Privacy Policy - Disclaimer - Code by Fuckingbrit.com

;